Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 10:57 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,021,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDave View Post
Sad

Perversion is just
and what is just is perverse
Take away a parents right to be notified
let a child kill her child
let gays pervert marriage
and then wonder why the world is teh way it is
and gettingf worse daily.
Heterosexuals do a great job of perverting marriage. 50 percent divorce rate. Over 50 percent of men and women cheat on their spouses. Vegas lets get married chapels. Pop stars getting married for a day and then trying to get their marriages annulled. Talk about sanctity of marriage. The world getting worse has nothing to do with gays, to blame them would be similar to Hitler blaming jews for all of Germany's ills -- these are both non-sequiturs.

Old 03-28-2009, 10:59 PM

1,771 posts, read 5,067,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
to blame them would be similar to Hitler blaming jews for all of Germany's ills .
I JUST WON $5!!! That was so much faster than I expected!

Old 03-28-2009, 11:00 PM

2,541 posts, read 5,852,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelito View Post
it does NOT state that the federal government ONLY recognizes heterosexual marriage.. it pushes that decision to states.... states rights...
this is contrary to what you posted earlier..
Sure. Show me two gays filing their tax return as "married filing jointly". The Federal goverment does not recognize gay marriage...

Old 03-28-2009, 11:02 PM

2,541 posts, read 5,852,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Apparently you do not care about the welfare of your family nearly as much as I do. Their pain in facing the possibility of leaving a state they have dedicated their lives to and a home their family has occupied for generations SOLELY BECAUSE they are not allowed to marry their partner of 20 years hurts me beyond anything. They have stuck it out because they believed NH was a rational state and would eventually follow Massachusetts in allowing gay marriage. If the proves to not be the case, they will have to go to Massachusetts in their advanced age so as not to risk the legal problems of being a same-sex couple without the benefits of marriage.
If they are gay and want to be married, then they can move to Massachusetts. Why would they think NH would follow MA in gay marriage? NH is a conservative state.

Old 03-28-2009, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusnh View Post
Sure. Show me two gays filing their tax return as "married filing jointly". The Federal goverment does not recognize gay marriage...
The topic before was the Defense of Marriage Act and if it specifically forbids gay marriage.. and the wording doesn't. Again the federal government does not specifically prohibit gay marriage. And it will be a matter of time before gays can add their same sex spouse on tax returns. It wasn't too long ago that interracial marriages were forbidden; change takes time.

Last edited by minibrings; 03-28-2009 at 11:15 PM..

Old 03-28-2009, 11:07 PM

Quote:
If they are gay and want to be married, then they can move to Massachusetts. Why would they think NH would follow MA in gay marriage? NH is a conservative state.
Because as you yourself said, the state believes in personal freedoms... and people should be able to chose whom they marry as part of the personal freedom. Don't mind your neighbors business... they won't mind yours.. it would be wrong to isolate one group of citizens and say the concept of personal freedom does not apply to them -- this violates the credo of personal freedom.
Quote:
We don't have a seatbelt law in NH (there is one for minasors) nor do we have a helment law. The state believes in personal freedom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BF66389 View Post
I JUST WON $5!!! That was so much faster than I expected!
dammit i should have used another example such as sunnis in bahrain blaming shiites.. lol.. okay im betting it will be a matter of time before someone says "he who protests too much..." this always comes up in this sort of debate!

Last edited by minibrings; 03-28-2009 at 11:54 PM..

Old 03-29-2009, 03:53 AM

2,649 posts, read 3,544,715 times
Quote:
Freedom of Religion & Freedom of Speech...they protect Fred Phelps too.

In the meantime I have a $5 bet with a friend that Godwin's Law comes into play on this board before the end of the year.
Unfortunately yes because personally I believe Fred Phelps is a terroist who should be tried as such.

Old 03-29-2009, 06:36 AM

586 posts, read 1,506,558 times
Quote:
And I think that's all crap. My marriage means more to me than the legal definition conveyed upon it by the state and I want Federal, State, and Local government OUT of it.

The government should convey the legal contract of a civil union...on anyone regardless of creed/color/gender/etc- as long as they are consenting adults who willfully agree to the contract at hand.

Marriage should be the spiritual/personal commitment of two individuals and should be conveyed upon them via the church or some other relevant individual of their faith/beliefs.

So in short- I think the government is wrong to be involved at all in "marriage". Likewise if someone doesn't support gay marriage- they should just opt to belong to an organization/church/whatever that doesn't support it; personal responsibility, right?
Way to go, Brian!!!!

Old 03-29-2009, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaComeHome View Post
Children grow best in an environment of love and support; regardless of whether they have one or two parents and what does or does not dangle between someone's legs
Well said, Wanna! I admit I am fairly horrified by some of the views expressed here but I too think that so far (I've only read through page 6 so far and the thread isn't locked yet...) it's been relatively civil.

NDQ

Old 03-29-2009, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDave View Post
laugh if you want folks but this will just open the door to legalized pedophillia, which is what their goal is anyway.
Sorry, how did you get from A to B? And who is "they"? Gay people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire