Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 08:03 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,036,872 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone!

My husband and I are coming to Portsmouth this weekend (from CT) to spend a couple of days eating and shopping and relaxing and sight-seeing.

The most important thing on our to-do list is EAT LOBSTER (and lots of it). Also, we'd like to check out some antique shops.

So:
  1. Any must-go-to restaurants to get our fill of lobster? I saw BG's Boat House online. Is it any good? What place(s) do you recommend?
  2. Is there anywhere that has a concentration of antique shops, like a street or two in particular? If so, please let us know.
Thanks! We're so looking forward to spending some time in Portsmouth -- we've heard only wonderful things about it.

Dawn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 08:27 AM

1,200 posts, read 2,217,383 times
Can't help you with the lobster, but this place is a MUST for breakfast.

The Friendly Toast

Old 07-14-2009, 08:42 AM

3,074 posts, read 4,726,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
Hi everyone!

My husband and I are coming to Portsmouth this weekend (from CT) to spend a couple of days eating and shopping and relaxing and sight-seeing.

The most important thing on our to-do list is EAT LOBSTER (and lots of it). Also, we'd like to check out some antique shops.

So:
  1. Any must-go-to restaurants to get our fill of lobster? I saw BG's Boat House online. Is it any good? What place(s) do you recommend?
  2. Is there anywhere that has a concentration of antique shops, like a street or two in particular? If so, please let us know.
Thanks! We're so looking forward to spending some time in Portsmouth -- we've heard only wonderful things about it.

Dawn
You also could go over the bridge to Maine and visit Ogunquit, a short trip that has tons of shopping and Antiques.......

Old 07-14-2009, 08:56 AM

2,360 posts, read 5,248,462 times
Newick's on Dover Point would be good for the lobster. Then head up to RT 4 in Northwood to "Antique Ally". Lots of antique shops.

Old 07-14-2009, 11:34 AM

sgthoskins -- Oh my gosh! I'm not even a fan of breakfast but I looked at their menu and... well, I'm hungry NOW! Thank you so much. We're definitely going to be there on Sunday.

Pawporri -- Ah! We were going to save Maine for a separate getaway and now you're tempting me to cross that darn bridge.

Ken E -- Thanks for the restaurant rec., and thank you soooo much pointing us towards a place with a bunch of antique shops. Perfect!

Thanks everyone! Reps all around!

Old 07-14-2009, 05:18 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,021,405 times
Have you gone to chowhound.com and clicked on New England. Its a foodie web site and there you will find many recommendations (as well) for dining.

Old 07-14-2009, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
Have you gone to chowhound.com and clicked on New England. Its a foodie web site and there you will find many recommendations (as well) for dining.
I spend all day every day on my laptop, yet that didn't even occur to me. I must be more tired than I even thought. Thanks for the reminder, minibrings. Much appreciated. I'll check it out now.

Old 07-19-2009, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgthoskins View Post
Can't help you with the lobster, but this place is a MUST for breakfast.

The Friendly Toast
Oh wow!!!! We didn't make it there for breakfast, but we went for lunch today because, after looking at their menu online, I couldn't get my mind off the fish burrito. The place is fabulous, funky, and delicious!!!!

Great job on this recommendation!!!!

Old 07-20-2009, 08:50 AM

1,200 posts, read 2,217,383 times
I am very happy you enjoyed it.

Old 07-20-2009, 10:24 AM

758 posts, read 2,889,700 times
The Toast is a weekly visit for me.....ate there last night....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire