Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 09:19 PM

151 posts, read 817,558 times

Advertisements

I found out Friday that the job is mine if I want it and I might be able to get very good terms as well (find out that on Monday). So now I have a tough decision to make this week; Alpharetta, Georgia or Southern New Hampshire. +s and -s on staying in Ga or heading north to NH.

It rained on my Saturday morning quick trip through the NH countryside, but I still got enough of a view to really get excited about the prospects. All the people I happened to meet Fri/Sat in SoNH were very polite, respectful, friendly, and helpful. Definitely a good first impression.

As someone else recently posted...be careful what you ask for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2007, 05:35 PM

Default nibseysgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibseysgirl View Post
I have heard wonderful things about Forsyth and Fulton Counties...Good Luck with your relocation..and any help with my possible one would be appreciated and very welcome
Take Care
Lisa
Hello, sorry I thought I replied to your Fulton County question, but in backtracking I noticed I didn't

Forsyth and North Fulton are very nice (and very popular) places to live. I particularly like the East side of Ga400 between exit 8 to exit 12 or 13. Any further out and you're looking at a long (time not distance) drive. Lots of restaurants and shopping. If you go to Southern Dawson County off Ga400 (out in the sticks), you'll find the North Georgia Premium Outlets. Lake Lanier (Forsyth County) is very popular and close by. The schools in Alpharetta/Johns Creek and Forsyth County are the best in Georgia. They're going to be big schools (number of students) though, but good nonetheless. North Point Blvd (east of 400) between exit 8 and 9 has every restaurant and store you'd ever want to shop/eat at.

Traffic, like anywhere is not very good and honestly a LOT better than it was since Ga400 was expanded (last year).

Day trips to the north Georgia Mountains are popular and only a couple of hours away.

Alpharetta, Johns Creek (just basically northeast Alpharetta - newly incorporated area) overall are nice areas (no really bad areas around) and the areas I'd live in (and currently do) if given a choice. Alpharetta is going to have more home rental/purchase, and apartment rental oportunities.

If you have any questions about NGa, please ask.

Old 06-14-2007, 08:46 AM

42 posts, read 161,305 times
Default Exciting

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwiley1221 View Post
I found out Friday that the job is mine if I want it and I might be able to get very good terms as well (find out that on Monday). So now I have a tough decision to make this week; Alpharetta, Georgia or Southern New Hampshire. +s and -s on staying in Ga or heading north to NH.

It rained on my Saturday morning quick trip through the NH countryside, but I still got enough of a view to really get excited about the prospects. All the people I happened to meet Fri/Sat in SoNH were very polite, respectful, friendly, and helpful. Definitely a good first impression.

As someone else recently posted...be careful what you ask for.
That was me! How exciting for you!! Sounds like you have a good offer, now you have the hard decision of what you will do. Good luck!!

Old 06-18-2007, 02:23 PM

4,848 posts, read 11,815,153 times
Haha, if traffic is of concern to you, I would suggest taking the NH job! I used to live up GA-400 and traffic got worse and worse the closer you get to Alpharetta. The reverse commute from Atl to Alpharetta actually rivals the traditional Alpharetta-Atl commute last time I did it a couple yrs ago. Everyone here seems to complain about Nashua traffic, but I just don't see it. Anyway, I would personally love to return to Atlanta. Definitely a different culture/atmosphere down there. Change is good though, so keep trying new things until you find what you love.

Old 06-18-2007, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsec View Post
Haha, if traffic is of concern to you, I would suggest taking the NH job! I used to live up GA-400 and traffic got worse and worse the closer you get to Alpharetta. The reverse commute from Atl to Alpharetta actually rivals the traditional Alpharetta-Atl commute last time I did it a couple yrs ago. Everyone here seems to complain about Nashua traffic, but I just don't see it. Anyway, I would personally love to return to Atlanta. Definitely a different culture/atmosphere down there. Change is good though, so keep trying new things until you find what you love.
Actually, 400 was expanded last year so the drive on 400 isn't that bad - not like it used to be. We're going to miss having EVERYTHING 5 minutes away like here in Alpharetta. But we're looking forward to being 'less crowded' as well.

Old 06-02-2008, 08:32 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,963,973 times
Default Kwiley1221 Did you Ever Take the Job in New Hampshire?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwiley1221 View Post
Actually, 400 was expanded last year so the drive on 400 isn't that bad - not like it used to be. We're going to miss having EVERYTHING 5 minutes away like here in Alpharetta. But we're looking forward to being 'less crowded' as well.
Never heard if you took the NH or GA job! In any event I hope all is going well!

Old 06-03-2008, 06:27 AM

452 posts, read 1,734,092 times
Unless you work off hours, I would do my best to avoid travel on Rt 93 for your commute to and from Salem. Not a fun place to be during rush hour.

Old 06-03-2008, 02:30 PM

951 posts, read 1,655,696 times
Wow, Comet. You really blew the dust off of this one!

Old 06-03-2008, 05:14 PM

1,384 posts, read 4,452,661 times
yeah, i was wondering why this was unearthed after so long Now I'm curious about where Kwiley ended up!

Old 06-03-2008, 06:06 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,199,237 times
Talking Hello There!

HELLO THERE, MY NH FRIENDS!

IF YOU READ HIS LOCATION, IT READS WINDHAM, NEW HAMPSHIRE

So, I am assuming he is living in NH now!LOL!

Take care,

Countrylv22

Last edited by countrylv22; 06-03-2008 at 06:06 PM.. Reason: SMILE & WE WILL SMILE WITH YOU!:0):0)PEACE EVERYONE! :0) :0)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire