Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2012, 02:24 PM

5 posts, read 13,358 times

Advertisements

HELP we like to move this summer by End of July or beginning of August from North Carolina back to South Jersey would like to rent a single home or condo/townhouse in Cherry Hill or close by Voorhees, Mt Laurel, Marlton,Medford,Moorsetown, Collingswood, Evesham, any town close by to these area's dont want to go over $1400 and would willing to accept a cat promised my daughter we can get one when we moved back to NJ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2012, 02:34 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,130,040 times
I think you will be hard pressed to get an actual single family house with that budget, but should be able to get a condo/townhouse. Have you checked realtor.com? They have a section for rentals. I just quickly looked in Marlton and 25 places came up.

Old 03-02-2012, 03:09 PM

128 posts, read 355,034 times
I agree, 1400 for a single family in a desirable area is almost impossible. You will also find it hard to find landlords willing to accept pets these days. Alot of them don't want animals in their property.

Old 03-03-2012, 01:03 AM

1,726 posts, read 5,859,974 times
$1400 is impossible for a single family. The taxes on a single family property in those towns are going to be at least $600 a month, plus most landlords have a mortgage and insurance to pay as well. Look to spend at least $1800, or get an apartment/townhouse.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:46 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,672,468 times
I second the townhouse suggestion for that budget. You'll be surprised, there are some big townhomes out there that offer just as much space as single family homes, but have much lower rents do to the lower taxes and less property.

Old 03-05-2012, 12:09 PM

7,780 posts, read 21,872,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
I second the townhouse suggestion for that budget. You'll be surprised, there are some big townhomes out there that offer just as much space as single family homes, but have much lower rents do to the lower taxes and less property.
beg to differ. Townhomes have as much if not more prop taxes then single homes.. + they usually have a monthly fee for maintenance too. I know for a fact th etownhome we were having built for us in Delanco(but backed out thank goodness) has higher taxes, less floor square footage and less ground and *more* prop taxes + the $200 a month fee to cut the lawn. Rip off

Old 03-05-2012, 12:28 PM

14,780 posts, read 43,672,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
beg to differ. Townhomes have as much if not more prop taxes then single homes.. + they usually have a monthly fee for maintenance too. I know for a fact th etownhome we were having built for us in Delanco(but backed out thank goodness) has higher taxes, less floor square footage and less ground and *more* prop taxes + the $200 a month fee to cut the lawn. Rip off
I guess it depends, I have seen some that were more affordable then single families. You are right though, it is an incorrect blanket statement, especially when you start considering maintenance fees and things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia