Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2012, 07:50 AM

756 posts, read 2,118,065 times

Advertisements

I noticed that in 3 locations :
Marlton
Pennsauken
Cherry Hill (Brace Rd.)

There used to be a shopping center with both Kmart and Burger King.

The Kmart's have since closed, with the Cherry Hill one closing first (converting to a SuperG), the Pennsauken one closed (I think it converted to a grocery store) and last the Marlton store (converted to Sears Ess.) closed as well.

The Burger King locations are still existant.

Was it just coincidental of the pairing of the two? Are there more locations with Kmart and BK in NJ?

I wonder if BK is on the Kmart track also. I used a coupon for a free mocha drink, and it was awful. Their cafe/dessert stuff doesn't seem as good as McDonalds. I noticed in Cherry Hill west for example, the only location BK has is that Brace Rd. location. There are a number of places they could open like on Route 38. The Maple Shade location off 73 maybe more central however. They closed the location by the CH Mall. I think it is now a Chick Fil A. The two locations on Rte. 70 one after I-295 in CH and the Marlton one seem like hard to get to locations as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2012, 10:33 AM

2,214 posts, read 5,094,681 times
I agree with you that BK has gone downhill. Most locations are outdated and filthy. While McDonald's is redoing their restaurants BK has done nothing that I can see.

Old 05-12-2012, 08:33 PM

1,247 posts, read 3,025,899 times
Burger Kings in my area (Middlesex County) are fine. Have gotten whoppers there relatively recently and they were good and the places were clean. I also ate at one on Rt 73 on the Mt. Laurel/Maple Shade border about a year or so ago and thought it was just fine too.

McDonald's is disgusting. Haven't eaten that in 15 years. I know everyone has been saying they have been trying to make their food healtiher and less fattening, but I would rather eat a burger that is grilled or bbq'd, as opposed to being fried in its own fat.

I miss Roy Rogers. When I was a kid, that was my favorite fast food place. They had the best fish sandwiches that were constantly discontinued and then returned back and forth. And the curly fries for a short time. The only non-rest stop location now that I know of is in Beachwood (Toms River area).

As for KMart, I live close to two (both still there), one has a BK in the same shopping center and the other does not.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:03 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,882,417 times
I don't think BK and KM's are related.. They seem to be at locations seperate from each other, for the most part. Have not been to a BK in years but love the Whoppers. KM was my go to place growing up, but most are gone now.. Loved it as a kid.

Old 05-14-2012, 11:26 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,697,549 times
I don't think it was anything more then a coincidence. BK overall has been on the decline the past few years. I think I heard that Wendy's recently overtook them for number two and McDonald's is of course the perennial number one. The biggest expansion in fast food I see around here is Chick Fil'A. There used to be one or two, but now they are expanding everywhere. Out of all of them, I think Chick Fil'A has hands down the best customer service and environment. The food at McDonald's has gotten better over the years. After not eating there for a long time, it is one of the only options in our area and I have found quite a few things on the menu that I like that aren't too horrible for you. The vast majority of BK's I've been to are dumpy with poor customer service and the never ending changes to their menu seem to indicate they aren't quite sure what to do. While McD's and Wendy's seem to be pioneering things (or doing a very good job copying what others do well) BK just seems lost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia