Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2017, 12:33 AM

17,874 posts, read 15,952,870 times

Advertisements

Do yoos gize have alodda diners down here too?

Hello, just your fellow northern NJyan checking in.

I am genuinely curious. Do yoos gizes have alodda diners?

Are they as ubiquitous as WaWa? We dont have any WaWa up here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2017, 06:19 AM

1,493 posts, read 1,521,188 times
Wawa is without a doubt the place to shop and be seen in Cumberland county. On a Sunday morning they can be packed with people picking up coffee and snacks as well as hanging out in the parking lot chatting.

As for diners. The smaller ones have been disappearing. Angelo's in Glassboro used to be one of my haunts. If you are ever in Glassboro check it out. Nice old fashioned diner with good food and good prices.

Old 12-12-2017, 03:52 PM

19,128 posts, read 25,336,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBoy3 View Post
Wawa is without a doubt the place to shop and be seen in Cumberland county.
However, if you assume that they will allow you to use their restroom...think again!

Bamboozled: Is Wawa required by law to let you use the bathroom? | NJ.com

Old 12-12-2017, 11:17 PM

All of the Wawa I visit have public restrooms. Wawa was founded by the Wood family that has long term ties to southern most NJ. Maybe things are just different down here.

Old 12-12-2017, 11:20 PM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBoy3 View Post
All of the Wawa I visit have public restrooms. Wawa was founded by the Wood family that has long term ties to southern most NJ. Maybe things are just different down here.
There are still old, small ones with no public restroom. No gas, no restroom.

Old 01-04-2018, 11:15 AM

72 posts, read 83,003 times
I miss diners! Used to frequent the Vincentown and Diamond when I lived in Mount Laurel. The Galaxy & Angelo's during my college years. Still hit up the Meadows and Phily when I come home for a visit. And WAWA. I'd kill for a Wawa or a decent diner down here in the wilds of Appalachia. They consider Huddle House & Waffle House to be diners. And the only convenience stores here are attached to gas stations (the only plus? I don't have to go to the liquor store for beer).

Old 01-04-2018, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaKin1977 View Post
I miss diners! Used to frequent the Vincentown and Diamond when I lived in Mount Laurel. The Galaxy & Angelo's during my college years. Still hit up the Meadows and Phily when I come home for a visit. And WAWA. I'd kill for a Wawa or a decent diner down here in the wilds of Appalachia. They consider Huddle House & Waffle House to be diners. And the only convenience stores here are attached to gas stations (the only plus? I don't have to go to the liquor store for beer).
I love the Vincentown Diner! That place has been around forever. We passed it on the way to the shore every year. We stopped once in a while. My father favored Pat's at the 72 circle for lunch, but with a wife and a pack of kids in the car, we didn't always make it that far. Was that the Diamond on Rt. 73?

Old 01-04-2018, 01:43 PM

2,035 posts, read 3,352,275 times
We have a few diners around here.

Salem NJ has the "Salem Oak," VERY old!

There is the Point Diner, at the circle where 40 & 77 meet.

Elmer NJ has a diner, and so does Malaga.

Bridgeton has several and so does Vineland (I believe).

I'm not a "diner-food" lover. I usually stick to grilled cheese, or a breakfast item lol.

I'm old and my stomach can't take a lot of the foods anymore!

Old 01-04-2018, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybean50 View Post
We have a few diners around here.

Salem NJ has the "Salem Oak," VERY old!

There is the Point Diner, at the circle where 40 & 77 meet.

Elmer NJ has a diner, and so does Malaga.

Bridgeton has several and so does Vineland (I believe).

I'm not a "diner-food" lover. I usually stick to grilled cheese, or a breakfast item lol.

I'm old and my stomach can't take a lot of the foods anymore!
I once drove to Salem to see the oak. That's one big tree. I was on my way to the Hancock House. It's supposedly haunted!

I'm in the "I can't eat that any more" group. Damn. I do like to go to a diner every once in a while. It's usually for breakfast.

Old 01-11-2018, 03:59 PM

Jellybean - Have you been to Seagraves Steak and Submarine Shop in Salem lately. Used to get cheesesteaks there. Fond memories. Looking for a road trip and would appreciate feedback. Thanks..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia