Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 12:34 AM

10 posts, read 39,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katisu View Post
We still haven't heard from any waitlists, so everything is still up in the air...

I've been looking in Collingswood, Voorhees, and the 5th/West or Cooper Hospital areas of Camden. I know most of you seem to think Collingswood is ok, but if you had to live in Camden (not saying we do, just want a real opinion) what do you think of 5th, West, and Trenton in Camden? They seem nicer than most areas.

Something tells me you're a troll. Voorhees and Camden are like apples and oranges. You can't compare them and you'd know the difference if you researched em both. NO such thing as a nice area of Camden.

Last edited by mike78; 08-03-2009 at 01:09 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 02:44 PM

62 posts, read 221,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike78 View Post
Something tells me you're a troll. Voorhees and Camden are like apples and oranges. You can't compare them and you'd know the difference if you researched em both. NO such thing as a nice area of Camden.
Excuse me? I'm a troll because I don't know specific neighborhoods in a town I've never been to in a state I've never been? I'm sorry, but if you're lonely enough to get your kicks from starting fake threads, then that's sad; I am not. I had actually forgotten about this thread in all the rush of moving and looking for a place. We won't be moving to New Jersey after all, but I appreciate all of your help and I thank you for all of your suggestions.

Old 10-29-2009, 03:19 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,981,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
You never have anything good to say about NJ. Please do not respond to my posts and I will not respond to yours. I think you would be scared to go to a Chuck E Cheese. A city dweller with common sense will be fine in the Rutgers University area of Camden.

I'd be scared to go to Chuck E Cheese if it were in Camden for sure !!!

Old 10-29-2009, 04:23 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,415,183 times
People who consider living in Camden, lol.

Old 12-17-2015, 05:07 PM

1 posts, read 1,085 times
This is very interesting to read, having just bought a home 5 minutes walking from Rutgers in Camden, NJ. I'm 8 minutes walking to the subway to Philly, and 15 minutes biking over a gorgeous bridge to Philly. My neighborhood (Cooper-Grant) is a wonderful place to live. Thanks to too much TV watching on the part of Katisu's advisers, she was probably scared away from a great quality of life and real estate opportunity - and if she was so inclined - opportunity to live in a city that needs open-minded people to do meaningful community-building work. After all, the majority of Camden's residents being poor might make you feel better about yourselves, but it makes you poorer too.

Old 12-18-2015, 07:07 PM

62 posts, read 221,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamdenNJResident View Post
This is very interesting to read, having just bought a home 5 minutes walking from Rutgers in Camden, NJ. I'm 8 minutes walking to the subway to Philly, and 15 minutes biking over a gorgeous bridge to Philly. My neighborhood (Cooper-Grant) is a wonderful place to live. Thanks to too much TV watching on the part of Katisu's advisers, she was probably scared away from a great quality of life and real estate opportunity - and if she was so inclined - opportunity to live in a city that needs open-minded people to do meaningful community-building work. After all, the majority of Camden's residents being poor might make you feel better about yourselves, but it makes you poorer too.
I forgot all about this thread! I'm sad to say that I never had the opportunity to live in Camden. I'm glad you are enjoying it!

My husband did not end up choosing Rutgers. He received a scholarship to a small school in New York. He lived in Long Beach, NY for his first year of law school. I didn't get to live there either Just had my name on the lease of a house that I never lived in. I stayed in Indiana, trying to sell our house, and working so that we would have insurance. He then transferred to IU so that we could stay in Indiana (we also had a baby on the way that we didn't yet know about!). We sold our home and received news that he was accepted as a transfer student within weeks of having our first son. (We now have two.) We now live in Indianapolis where my husband owns his own small practice.

I love your outlook on your city. I have the same for mine. The best way to make a neighborhood better is to have residents who truly care about it. They care about each other. They care about their neighborhoods. They care about their homes. They aren't afraid of each other. I truly believe that a lot your neighborhood is what you make of it.

Old 12-18-2015, 09:55 PM

32,961 posts, read 36,439,551 times
No wonder you forgot about it. Six years is a long time.

Old 12-18-2015, 10:30 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,758,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamdenNJResident View Post
It's kind of hard to try to convince people to live in a city in such bad shape that you have to travel outside of city limits just to find a standard full-service grocery store. I fault no one for steering people away from Camden. I'd do the same. It's a shame because it has potential, and if people want to take the risk, more power to them. But I could not, with a clean conscience, ever recommend for a person to move there.

Old 02-01-2018, 06:48 PM

1 posts, read 551 times
Hello. I am from Glassboro New Jersey but I moved to the Victor Lofts in Camden in 2011 and lived there until 2016 when my father got sick and passed from cancer. I had a beautiful two bedroom, bi-level, two bathroom loft with 20' ceilings. No apartment is the same as they kept the original piping and structure to give every unit its own unique style. There are two community rooms with vending machines, and large televisions and a grand piano. There is a bank, bar/restaurant, grocery store and Edibles connected to the lofts and the Waterfront is your back yard. I paid a little under $2,000 and it was worth every penny. You will only be in Camden for seconds as the highway to leave is a few minutes up the road and the college is across the street. Why live any where else. If you need luxury, convenience, safety and a gated community closed in feel, then the Victor Lofts is ideal.

Old 02-02-2018, 10:25 AM

32,961 posts, read 36,439,551 times
Great. Live at Victor Lofts because you can get out of town in two minutes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia