Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 06:22 PM

7,780 posts, read 21,880,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoelsebutcharles View Post
I was in that area this past weekend. Cinnaminson and Delran look like pretty nice decent places to live. Don't know much about them though, they are on the Rt 130 corridor.

Riverton looks very nice. How is that area?
Riverton is a beautiful area.. Older Victorian homes..
The only problem is that they don't have a high school. They have to send their kids to Palmyra high school. But riverton has an excellent middle and elementary school

Riverton, NJ Borough Web Site
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2010, 06:24 PM

1,000 posts, read 3,602,848 times
Quote:
But riverton has an excellent middle and elementary school
It's all one school K-8..... I went there LOL.

Old 04-21-2010, 08:01 PM

1,726 posts, read 5,862,227 times
Check out Gloucester Township (Glen Oaks, Blackwood, Sicklerville), Washington Township (Turnersville) and Deptford Township. Compared to Cherry Hill you'll find cheaper prices, more open space, easier access to shore, and less congestion. We relocated to the area recently and have been happy in this area. Commute to Pennsauken should be less than 30 minutes. It seems like this area (southern Camden County) has more long-term locals and fewer people who moved in from outside, I guess it doesn't have the brand name that Cherry Hill does so fewer people know about the area even though it's right off 42 Expressway which is the main route from Philadelphia to Atlantic City. We got a home here for half the cost it would have been in Cherry Hill.

Old 04-22-2010, 10:23 PM

286 posts, read 851,290 times
I grew up in Cinnaminson and it is a nice town and there are new developments.

But why don't you want to live in Pennsauken? It has some nice areas too.

Old 04-23-2010, 11:52 AM

877 posts, read 2,839,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredJung View Post
I grew up in Cinnaminson and it is a nice town and there are new developments.

But why don't you want to live in Pennsauken? It has some nice areas too.
Has some real bad areas too, it's right next to Camden. The high school ranked 290 out of 316 statewide. There are nice parts, but all those kids will mix in the schools

Last edited by Whoelsebutcharles; 04-23-2010 at 11:53 AM.. Reason: Additional info

Old 04-27-2010, 03:10 PM

7 posts, read 15,818 times
Thanks to all for the suggestions and comments! I accepted the position today but I have 6 mos to use my relocation pay. I think (and hope/pray) I can sell my place in NH before then!

In answer to living in Pennsauken....a little too much of the bad things about an urban setting...and good schools are very important to us.

again thanks for all the comments...keep them comming!

Old 04-28-2010, 08:48 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,880,174 times
congrats pa dutchman!! BTW- we love Shady Maple.

look here for homes in your price range..

HotPads.com - Real Estate, Apartments, Homes for Sale and for Rent, Rental Houses, Sublets, Roommates

Old 05-23-2010, 03:36 PM

1,620 posts, read 3,774,139 times
ignore the person that didn't even know where Pennsauken was but was willing to give you advice about Cherry Hill (they touch). It depends where in Pennsauken you live. Probably on the north end of town. Then I would just say Cinnaminson or Morrestown. Both have good schools. Morrestown is better, but more expensive. But if you are working closer to Camden than Cherry Hill might be a better option.

Old 05-24-2010, 05:32 AM

212 posts, read 610,681 times
You might want to check out Collingswood - great elementary schools plus a Catholic school (Good Shepherd), houses in your price range. Lots of recreation right in town as it's on the Cooper River plus a large town park (Knight Park). Also, walkable and a real downtown.

Old 05-24-2010, 03:10 PM

877 posts, read 2,839,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangled Threads View Post
You might want to check out Collingswood - great elementary schools plus a Catholic school (Good Shepherd), houses in your price range. Lots of recreation right in town as it's on the Cooper River plus a large town park (Knight Park). Also, walkable and a real downtown.
I personally would rather be in Burlington County, but that's just me. Cousin of mine bought his first house in Collingswood. I ate at Homer's Diner there once on the circle on the border to Camden and that area didn't look too bad, but it seems very blue collar. A little too close to Camden, IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia