Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 12:27 PM

5 posts, read 7,801 times

Advertisements

First of all Thank you very much for so much information.

I was in town for our annual offsite. So I took the opportunity to move around few places.

Secaucus - I liked the area and the fact that the transportation to the down town NY will be 30 min (secaucus->port authority bus terminal->water street NY). I can get 2 BR + 1 Bath for 1600 a month

Hoboken - like the area, same route for the NY down town. 2 BR + 1 bath - can get in 1600/1800.

New Port - is expensive side as 2 BR coming at 2000 or more

Journal Square - I did not like the area( I may be in wrong side of the town), I saw area closer to the Path station.

1 BR - 1100/ 2 BR 1300+

==========
While considering, I am giving importance to following
- Safe
- Lesser time for my wife to travel to and fro to down town NY (~30Min)
- families with kids.
- I would be buying in few months.

Last edited by Karn; 08-12-2010 at 12:35 PM.. Reason: adding more information
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2010, 05:40 AM

13,399 posts, read 28,714,749 times
You will do fine in either Hoboken or Secaucus if that is your budget..myself would pick Hoboken
Newport is very nice but pricey
What part of the Journal SQ area were you in?? Myself that area would be my very last choice

Old 08-13-2010, 06:05 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
my brother lives in hoboken. he is a single guy looking to stuff babes. that budget would put you not near the primary action area in hoboken. i believe for a 3 bedroom the 3 guys were paying almost 3k and that was on madison street a good walk from washington. now he bought a place himself very close to washington and is renting a bedroom out to some guy for 1,300. his building is primarily families so its not uncommon but you also see a lot of family people moving out once they start having kids. i believe hoboken is the most safe of those type of areas, except when you get near the projects which is where that budget may put you closer to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey