Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2010, 02:20 PM

21 posts, read 72,670 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I arrived in Secaucus today. Ill be staying here a few nights.

My relo. package includes short term housing and they have a 1 bedroom at the Liberty Towers, 33 Hudson St. Jersey City, NJ.
Is this a good place? Is the area safe ? Can I bicycle north from there to Hoboken thru Union City to get to River Road and ride up to Fort Lee without getting knocked on the head and have my fairly dull (but expensive) bicycle stolen?

This question may sound really stupid but Im not at all familiar with this area and I dont want to get into any kind of trouble.

Thanks in advance, Rich
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2010, 02:23 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,856,553 times
Thats a very safe area , as for biking take the LRT to Bergenline avenue and bike up a side street that runs north to Fort Lee. It will save you time and be safer.

Old 08-18-2010, 06:28 PM

21 posts, read 72,670 times
Thanks Nexis.
I went to have a look at the apt in JCity and got stuck in HUGE rush hour traffic on the way out. I did not really like the area all that much since it was mostly tall new buildings and little at the sidewalk level to look at.

I also drive thru Hoboken. That was cool. It would be nice to go there by train. Trying to find parking daily would be a big hassle if I didnt have a place to park and I lived there.

My office is out near Paramus I dont think Jersey City is a good choice at this time.

Rich in New Jersey

Old 08-18-2010, 06:59 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,856,553 times
There are buses to Paramus form JC and PA Bus Terminal.

Old 09-18-2010, 05:40 PM

303 posts, read 752,668 times
That is a great area of JC but honestly very dull i must admit. Nice and clean but not much. Move farther away from the Financial district and move closer to Grove St section and area near newport, or even the Heights sections. More livelier and not as tall (building wise). The Heights has easily accessible transportation. But even if JC is unfortunately not to your liking, give it a few years. The city is growing and will soon be a great destination once more and more people decide to live here, like yourself. Lastly, biking from there all the way to fort lee would be one trip, if you could do it great accomplishment lol. So as Nexus stated take the Light Rail to bergenline ave and bike from there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey