Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 10:14 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,909,248 times

Advertisements

It really bothers me when I hear mothers and grandmothers defend their children that have KILLED INNOCENT PEOPLE..

I don't judge anybody. And I really don't get on a moral high horse as in reality I am a moral nihilist.. So I am just operatong off of peoples definitions of "good" and "wrong"...

But don't sit there and tell me this was "a good boy" after he just randomly killed a police officer THEN gets linked to another murder.

It severely undermines peoples intelligence. Just admit that you failed as a parent or better yet just say nothing. And when people fall back on the church as validation of their character it really just infuriates me even more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2011, 09:40 AM

912 posts, read 2,445,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
It really bothers me when I hear mothers and grandmothers defend their children that have KILLED INNOCENT PEOPLE..

I don't judge anybody. And I really don't get on a moral high horse as in reality I am a moral nihilist.. So I am just operatong off of peoples definitions of "good" and "wrong"...

But don't sit there and tell me this was "a good boy" after he just randomly killed a police officer THEN gets linked to another murder.

It severely undermines peoples intelligence. Just admit that you failed as a parent or better yet just say nothing. And when people fall back on the church as validation of their character it really just infuriates me even more.
It's the victim mentality of the welfare state. I'd bet my last nickel that the Crockam family was receiving a good number of public assistance checks each month.

Old 01-22-2011, 04:41 PM

239 posts, read 467,829 times
This piece of trash is a great example why all states need to have the death penalty, especially when garbage like this executes a uniformed police officer. This guy knew exactly what he was doing when he shot a cop point blank 3 times. The laws in this country need to get alot tougher, plain and simple. You kill a cop, you are toast.

Old 01-22-2011, 06:11 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,621,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Rogers View Post
This piece of trash is a great example why all states need to have the death penalty, especially when garbage like this executes a uniformed police officer. This guy knew exactly what he was doing when he shot a cop point blank 3 times. The laws in this country need to get alot tougher, plain and simple. You kill a cop, you are toast.
We had one, but the softies had it overturned. I agree with u 110%. Now we have to house this POS for about 60 or 70 years.Go figure

Old 01-22-2011, 08:42 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,934,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Can someone tell me why this 19 year old pos was walking around free??
19......that's how many years the taxpayers will have to pay for him to live in prison
UGH...so disgusted

New murder charge for suspect in killing of Lakewood cop | dailyrecord.com | Daily Record
He was walking around free because the police had not yet connected him to the first killing when he shot the police officer. They connected him to the earlier killing as they were investigating the police officer shooting. Tough to lock up a guy if he hasn't even been accused of a crime yet.

Old 01-22-2011, 09:06 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,844,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGambler View Post
It's the victim mentality of the welfare state. I'd bet my last nickel that the Crockam family was receiving a good number of public assistance checks each month.
Don't make assumptions like that , that is dangerous thinking in my mind.....it can be interpreted in a racist or extremely ignorant way. Even Rich mothers defend there son's , its Mother instinct or Family instinct.....

Old 01-23-2011, 10:10 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,909,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Don't make assumptions like that , that is dangerous thinking in my mind.....it can be interpreted in a racist or extremely ignorant way. Even Rich mothers defend there son's , its Mother instinct or Family instinct.....
they should say nothing...... Nothing..

This dude is a two time loser within the framework of the system.... The end.

Old 01-24-2011, 05:45 AM

13,400 posts, read 28,717,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
they should say nothing...... Nothing..

This dude is a two time loser within the framework of the system.... The end.
If you read some of the articles this kid was doomed to be a loser before he ever left the womb.....and yes I agree MAMA should shut the hell up

Old 01-24-2011, 05:47 AM

13,400 posts, read 28,717,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Unfortunately if you read any of the articles on this the post is not racist or ignorant it's right on the money in this instance.

Old 01-24-2011, 02:46 PM

12,546 posts, read 21,397,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
We had one, but the softies had it overturned. I agree with u 110%. Now we have to house this POS for about 60 or 70 years.Go figure
well, this is a dangerous road to go down, but the death penalty has not been shown to deter. capital punishment used to be done in the city squares, and was a horrible event to witness. they did this to deter. even that didn't work. you can call me a "softy" if you'd like, but i think the death penalty serves no purpose. for one thing, we know we've had innocent people on death row. for another, i'd rather see someone rot in jail for 60 years than put them out of their misery. before you say we have to pay for them for 60 years...compare the cost of executing someone to the cost of keeping them imprisoned...relatively the same.

i'd like to see this POS rot in solitary for the rest of his life, with no chance of parole. maybe solitary won't happen, but chances are, he'll be growing old in prison. so if that makes me a softy, then fine. executing someone isn't punishment...it's giving them an end to what would have been a miserable life in prison, to think about why they were there, for the rest of their life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey