Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2011, 10:28 AM

2 posts, read 5,287 times

Advertisements

Hi There!

Crate & Barrel is hosting the Ultimate Wedding Contest, in which one lucky couple will win the wedding of their dreams. Moving on to the final round is based on the number of votes an entry receives. With that said, my fiance and I have submitted our own entry and would like to ask for your support in voting for us. Only one vote per person is allowed and we would greatly appreciate any support.

Our names are Andrew and Sarah and we are high school sweethearts. We have been together since our freshman year and will be celebrating six years together in March. Andrew and I moved from New Jersey to Indiana after graduating high school in 2008 to attend college and have been engaged since February of 2009. Many times we have tried to plan a wedding, but could not follow through due to finances. It is just not possible for us to have a wedding, let alone the one of our dreams. We would love to pay for the wedding ourselves, but on top of being college students, we currently pay for our own home and various other bills and just do not have the means to pay for a wedding. Our families would love to help in paying for our wedding, but the fact of the matter is they cannot do it financially either. In March of 2008, just months before Andrew and I graduated high school, my family lost our home to foreclosure. It was the home we had loved and lived in for eighteen years; the same home my father grew up in and my grandfather before him. It was all we knew and since then my family has not been able to recover. My parents and two younger brothers have lived in two different rental homes over the span of three years, in addition to my Mom being laid-off from her job and my father giving up his masonry business to switch careers in order to provide for our family. Andrew's family is slightly better off, but does not have the capability of paying for a wedding at the moment. I know that whether we win this contest or don't even come close, that the most important thing is that we have each other and our families. After a few attempts to marry in October of 2009 and October of 2010, we have set a tentative date for December 2, 2011, which would be fifty years to the day that my maternal grandparents got married. Since both of them have passed on, I would really like to be able to honor them by marrying then. So, here's to hoping that dream is fulfilled!

Anyway, enough of the sob-stories and trying to convince you of the reason I feel we should receive votes. That decision is yours. If you would like to vote, please use the following link to vote Meant To Be: The Tale of Two Sweethearts | Crate and Barrel's Ultimate Wedding Contest . Remember, you may only vote once!

We truly appreciate your support! Thank you from the very bottom of our hearts!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey