Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2011, 12:33 AM

3 posts, read 6,732 times

Advertisements

I will need to relocate in NJ, since I got a job in Atlantic City, but I will have duties and training in downtown Philadelphia as well (both are hospitals). So I need to commute to both places. I just have no idea where to look to rent a house. Relatively safe, but not in the middle of nowhere... Modest income, I am still in training. Thank you for the inputs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2011, 08:35 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,693,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K98shooter View Post
I will need to relocate in NJ, since I got a job in Atlantic City, but I will have duties and training in downtown Philadelphia as well (both are hospitals). So I need to commute to both places. I just have no idea where to look to rent a house. Relatively safe, but not in the middle of nowhere... Modest income, I am still in training. Thank you for the inputs.
Also post here. http://www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...-philadelphia/

Old 02-25-2011, 11:02 AM

1,322 posts, read 4,238,441 times
somewhere midway on the njtransit line would be ideal if you want to use public transit. around hammonton maybe?

Old 02-25-2011, 11:09 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,697,549 times
Agreed with SouthBound to post this in the South Jersey forum. I think a lot comes down to how often you need to be in Philly vs. being in Atlantic City. If the hospital is AC Medical Center, it's not actually in Atlantic City, it's in Absecon on the mainland and there is no convenient public transit to get there, you have to drive. If that is your primary work location, I would recommend looking in Galloway Twp. as there are plentiful rentals in that area as it is right near Stockton State College. The area is nice, safe and relatively affordable. From there you could easily get to one of the AC Rail Line stations and take the train into Philly when you need to.

If Philly is going to be your primary location, then you need to skew yourself more in that direction. I would actually recommend Atco in that case along the Route 30 corridor. It's not the nicest area in the world, but it is safe and affordable. You would have easy access to the Lindenwold PATCO station and that train will take you into Philly. You are also past all the congestion headaches on Route 30 and it's only about a 20-30 minute drive from Atco to get to AC Medical Center.

Old 02-25-2011, 12:49 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,995,868 times
There's also Egg Harbor City, a small town which is on us. route 30/highway 50 and not too far from the AC expressway. The drive to the hospital is about 15 minutes away and there's a train station in town (with free parking-i think?) that will take you to Philly (AC rail line). If you have kids, they just recently built a new high school and middle school at the edges of town also.

Old 02-25-2011, 01:51 PM

6,319 posts, read 10,347,241 times
I'd probably say either Williamstown or Hammonton.

As mentioned it depends on where you'll have to be more. But depending on that and your hours I'd probably want to stay a little closer to Philly due to the traffic, since you shouldn't hit much traffic going to AC other than Fridays over the summer (although hopefully you don't have to work weekends).

Old 02-26-2011, 08:59 AM

50,795 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
Agreed with SouthBound to post this in the South Jersey forum. I think a lot comes down to how often you need to be in Philly vs. being in Atlantic City. If the hospital is AC Medical Center, it's not actually in Atlantic City, it's in Absecon on the mainland and there is no convenient public transit to get there, you have to drive. If that is your primary work location, I would recommend looking in Galloway Twp. as there are plentiful rentals in that area as it is right near Stockton State College. The area is nice, safe and relatively affordable. From there you could easily get to one of the AC Rail Line stations and take the train into Philly when you need to.

If Philly is going to be your primary location, then you need to skew yourself more in that direction. I would actually recommend Atco in that case along the Route 30 corridor. It's not the nicest area in the world, but it is safe and affordable. You would have easy access to the Lindenwold PATCO station and that train will take you into Philly. You are also past all the congestion headaches on Route 30 and it's only about a 20-30 minute drive from Atco to get to AC Medical Center.
Just a correction AC Medical Center is right in AC as well as offshore, it's right by Caesar's and is actually the main teaching branch of the hospital. But definitely find out exactly where you'll be before you decide where to live.

If it were me, and I were spending equal time in both cities, I would look in the Williamstown area, maybe Berlin, you'd be about 45 driving minutes from both cities but with decent public transit too if you want that. If you know you want public transportation to both places, check out the Patco hi-speedline and NJ transit AC lines online, and look at the towns on the map where the stations are, there will be several good towns to choose from.

But also go by what kind of place you want to be in. If you want to be near the beach, try Brigantine, right outside AC but also close to the NJ transit AC-Philly line in Absecon.

Old 02-26-2011, 05:37 PM

7,780 posts, read 21,882,417 times
Id recommend hammonton or williamstown too

Old 02-26-2011, 05:53 PM

1,604 posts, read 3,886,187 times
I'd agree with the other posters of Hammonton (which has the train to both areas) and Williamstown.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:33 PM

2,046 posts, read 4,952,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K98shooter View Post
try any house in atlantic county SPOILER: BUSES IN ATLANTIC COUNTY RUN 24/7!!!!!! EXCEPT 509 AND 315 AND 508!!!!! WITH 315 BEING THE WORST. Luckily you won't be having to use 315!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey