Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 04:52 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,766,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priscilla151 View Post
Update on bill Governor Christie gave a conditonal vetoe.
"He said an erosion of birth parents' right to privacy could have a chilling effect on adoptions.
Under Christie's proposals, adult adoptees could use an intermediary at an adoption agency to trace their birth parents. Once contacted, the birth parents would be able to give or withhold consent for the release of the adoptee's original birth certificate, which would include the birth parents' names, or choose to release only medical records.
The intermediary could help arrange direct contact if both parties agree. And, if the intermediary could not find the birth parents within a year, or if they have died, the birth certificate and other details can be given to the adoptee, under Christie's proposals.
BIRTH PARENT WISHES
Should his recommendations become law, birth parents in the future would be asked to record their wishes -- complete information sharing, sharing via an intermediary or sharing only non-identifying medical information -- at the time of adoption."
A much more fair bill to all parties. Only part I don't like is if a birth parent dies the birth certificates will be released leaving a mess and surprise to all the unknowing relatives of the birth parent.
I agree too except, like you, the part where allowing access to the birth certificate when the birth parent dies. That does bring on a whole new world of a mess. What I wonder is why now? What brought Christie to even consider this? I bet someone who was contacted decided to go to him and make a request to do something about these people contacting them and having no regard for their privacy and allowing anyone in thier now, present family to know they had given up a baby for adoption. Some people get information where they aren't permitted to.

Old 10-07-2011, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCK7778 View Post
Most non-adopted children know their history from being around their family. I do not know a person out there that does not know the medical history of their family.

I am not adopted, but knowing the medical history of my family, if I were adopted I would absolutely want to know if heart disease, cancer or a number of other diseases including mental illness run in my birth parents family.

Yesmost non adopted children do know but not all. Please consider that the woman who got pregnant may not know her family medical history or the Father's. There really is no reason to know who the birth parent is when they want to know their medical history. That can be obtained by the adoption agency if they have it. Some of these women were raped, some just got pregnant by a young boy and never found his medical history. It should be illegal to obtain any information such as the name and address of the birth parent.

Old 10-18-2011, 03:52 AM

5 posts, read 4,799 times
I love these people who aren't adopted telling "us" what's good for "us".they tell "us" we were special,you were picked.what am i fruit? I want to know who i really am,not what somebody tells me i am or decides for me. I've been trying to make peace with myself since i was 12 years old. It's like living in a lie that doesn't go away,does that make you self-righteous people feel good! Being told you're adopted is like being kicked to the curb and somebody picked you up. You people can look in your families eyes and know you belong there, i can't do that. I have waited over 40years to get an answer to why i'm here,but i guess that isn't enough mental anguish for me according to the catholic party line. Somebody made a mistake years ago and the adopted people pay for it every day. You protect the guilty and punish "us",is that fair ? In a crowded place i look and wonder is my real family here ? Who do you people think you are ? You're worried about skeletons in your family closet, not about "us". Give us what we want not what you want for "us".

Old 10-18-2011, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magoo0011 View Post
I love these people who aren't adopted telling "us" what's good for "us".they tell "us" we were special,you were picked.what am i fruit? I want to know who i really am,not what somebody tells me i am or decides for me. I've been trying to make peace with myself since i was 12 years old. It's like living in a lie that doesn't go away,does that make you self-righteous people feel good! Being told you're adopted is like being kicked to the curb and somebody picked you up. You people can look in your families eyes and know you belong there, i can't do that. I have waited over 40years to get an answer to why i'm here,but i guess that isn't enough mental anguish for me according to the catholic party line. Somebody made a mistake years ago and the adopted people pay for it every day. You protect the guilty and punish "us",is that fair ? In a crowded place i look and wonder is my real family here ? Who do you people think you are ? You're worried about skeletons in your family closet, not about "us". Give us what we want not what you want for "us".

You sound like the selfish spoiled pity pot brat. Who are you to assume everyone feels they belong just because they know their parents, siblings. Maybe it would have been better to leave you at a curb since you don't love the parents who adopted you. Assuming you were worth adopting, which it appears now that you weren't. You have no business knowing who put you up for adoption without their consent. You make a good case for mandatory abortion or keep it but don't put it up for adoption. There are millions of people who lose their families and they can't go and violate the person who gave birth yet you expect to be able. Stop playing victim and grow up, you aren't a victim.

Old 10-18-2011, 08:41 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,768,542 times
Quote:
seems like you just thrive on having a complaint in this unfair society. you know who you are. knowing your birth parents wont change that.

Old 10-18-2011, 08:47 AM

Pity pot brat? I am a successful business man . I make a good case for abortion ?? You pompous windbag, were you a pig as a teenager and had to get rid of some kids?? Now you're a guardian of pigs like you?? In my world you have what is known as ma bell balls. I had one adoptive parent who loved me dearly,when she died i didn;t fit into the old mans world,so i got kicked to the curb again. People like you do the kicking.i found family not in church but in the 1% world i think you know what that is!!! As far as you god forgives we don't

Old 10-18-2011, 08:47 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,185,854 times
Quote:
Would you have preferred your mom had an abortion instead because she didn't want any information about her shared down the road?

Old 10-18-2011, 08:49 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,768,542 times
Quote:
i found family not in church but in the 1% world i think you know what that is!!! As far as you god forgives we don't
you are a wall street millionaire!!!?

Old 10-18-2011, 08:57 AM

Captainnj of what???? Your not adopted so who are you to say??? Protecting some pig while we go through life wondering what we are. She's fine were not,ask adopted people what they deal with in their minds everyday..... You could care less.

Old 10-18-2011, 09:03 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,744,349 times
Quote:
Captainnj of what???? Your not adopted so who are you to say??? Protecting some pig while we go through life wondering what we are. She's fine were not,ask adopted people what they deal with in their minds everyday..... You could care less.
What would knowing change?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: