Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 12:28 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
I'm sure you've found it by now. It's seriously such a simple thing (no drugs, no side effects) it's a wonder it's only become popular recently. My husband and son won't use it because they don't like the "feeling" - which means they're doing it wrong. It's weird getting used to it, but it takes less than 5 minutes and can really help.
yeah, its a little weird but its no big deal. challenge their manliness if they refuse.

it breaks my heart to see the chicken mcnugget in the hospital. the worst was sticking in the needle for the IV. but she is always a sweety.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2011, 12:29 PM

7,221 posts, read 11,937,206 times
Quote:
I'm sure you've found it by now. It's seriously such a simple thing (no drugs, no side effects) it's a wonder it's only become popular recently. My husband and son won't use it because they don't like the "feeling" - which means they're doing it wrong. It's weird getting used to it, but it takes less than 5 minutes and can really help.
Yes, looked it up. I have a better chance of winning the lottery than getting my husband to use that.

Old 05-11-2011, 12:36 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,694,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
Yes, looked it up. I have a better chance of winning the lottery than getting my husband to use that.
All I keep saying is "well, then the allergies must not be that bad!".

Old 05-11-2011, 01:54 PM

1,527 posts, read 4,064,437 times
Chicken McNugget is adorable.

I tried a neti pot and I felt like I was drowning. Horrible.

Old 05-11-2011, 02:20 PM

12,546 posts, read 21,406,479 times
Quote:
She's adorable!

I have never suffered from seasonal allergies (lucky me) but my DH is miserable and begging for rain. He takes Claritin D, says it helps somewhat. Is this Zyrtec you speak of a better product than Claritin D?
some folks find one works, and the other doesn't. it's essentially the same drug, made by different companies. i forget the exact differences, but i could ask my wife (pharmacist) if you really want to know. for me, zyrtec is working, but claritin-d does practically nothing. but....only the 12 hour pill is truly effective for me. as i said above...the 4 hour pill seems to do nothing. the 24 hour pill works, but it only lasts about 3/4 of the 24 hours, and you're not supposed to take it earlier than the guidelines. i've done it...but my wife scolds me when i do.

Old 05-11-2011, 02:22 PM

12,546 posts, read 21,406,479 times
Quote:
i just went through 2 weeks of using this with a stronger nasal spray:

Ocean Nasal Care | Ocean Sinus Irrigation | Ocean Nasal Irrigation

i was much better afterwards.

Old 05-11-2011, 02:28 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,694,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann77 View Post
Chicken McNugget is adorable.

I tried a neti pot and I felt like I was drowning. Horrible.
it you do it right it shouldn't feel like that.

Old 05-11-2011, 02:57 PM

1,527 posts, read 4,064,437 times
Quote:
it you do it right it shouldn't feel like that.
I definitely did it right. Can't stand the feeling.

Old 05-11-2011, 05:10 PM

19,128 posts, read 25,336,687 times
I recently asked my pharmacist to put the OTC antihistamines in order of least effective to most effective.

He told me that Claritin/Clarinex is the weakest, by far. No wonder it wasn't doing anything for me any more!

Next in effectiveness is Allerest. However, you cannot take Allerest within a few hours of drinking most fruit juices, as they de-activate the effect of Allerest.

The most effective, according to my pharmacist, is Zyrtec. I switched to this drug, and the difference--as compared to Claritin/Clarinex--is like the difference between night and day. With Zyrtec, I barely know that I have seasonal allergies, although it is obvious that the beneficial effect wears off in about 12 hours.

The pharmacist also stated that Benadryl is very effective--as long as you don't mind sleeping about 14 hours a day.
Driving while taking Benadryl is NOT recommended!

All-in-all, it is clear to me that Zyrtec is the answer to my seasonal allergies.

Old 05-11-2011, 05:36 PM

7,221 posts, read 11,937,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
I recently asked my pharmacist to put the OTC antihistamines in order of least effective to most effective.

He told me that Claritin/Clarinex is the weakest, by far. No wonder it wasn't doing anything for me any more!

Next in effectiveness is Allerest. However, you cannot take Allerest within a few hours of drinking most fruit juices, as they de-activate the effect of Allerest.

The most effective, according to my pharmacist, is Zyrtec. I switched to this drug, and the difference--as compared to Claritin/Clarinex--is like the difference between night and day. With Zyrtec, I barely know that I have seasonal allergies, although it is obvious that the beneficial effect wears off in about 12 hours.

The pharmacist also stated that Benadryl is very effective--as long as you don't mind sleeping about 14 hours a day.
Driving while taking Benadryl is NOT recommended!

All-in-all, it is clear to me that Zyrtec is the answer to my seasonal allergies.
Thanks for this info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey