Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 07:44 AM

4,073 posts, read 8,983,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJPByron View Post
To anyone who says they have difficulty living near, interacting/working with, etc. Indians: replace all instances of the word "Indian" with "Jew" and all appropriate derivations thereof, replace "curry" with "cholent" or "borsch" or any other applicable foreign-smelling food, and replace "mosque" or "Hindu temple"/"Indian cultural center" with "synagogue" and you'll pretty much see what it's like.

If you have to ask "Am I really being racist" or preface your statements with "I'm not racist, but X" then you're racist or making a racist statement.
I'll echo the +1 sentiments.

Yikes, folks, did you ever hear of Chinatown or Little Italy, or dozens of other sections like them over our history?

Old 06-17-2011, 07:46 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,652,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJPByron View Post
To anyone who says they have difficulty living near, interacting/working with, etc. Indians: replace all instances of the word "Indian" with "Jew" and all appropriate derivations thereof, replace "curry" with "cholent" or "borsch" or any other applicable foreign-smelling food, and replace "mosque" or "Hindu temple"/"Indian cultural center" with "synagogue" and you'll pretty much see what it's like.

If you have to ask "Am I really being racist" or preface your statements with "I'm not racist, but X" then you're racist or making a racist statement.
I totally disagree with this statement.

As I said earlier, I wouldn't be posting any of this if it weren't for the original poster. It's not like I would START a post saying how I feel about AI's. If I did that, then you could call me a racist, but I didn't.

And besides, racism can go both ways, you know. Don't for a minute believe that AI's consider themselves 'the huddled masses, yearning to breathe free'. No, they consider themselves better than Americans. Let me tell you something, if a group of people is here for the economic opportunities they don't have in their own country, they should show just a little more respect!

Old 06-17-2011, 07:48 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,700,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFull View Post
I'll echo the +1 sentiments.

Yikes, folks, did you ever hear of Chinatown or Little Italy, or dozens of other sections like them over our history?
hell, I'm not that old and even when I was growing up, many churches were the designated the "Italian" one, "Irish" one, "Polish" one. When my brother was enrolled in the "Slovak" Catholic School, one of the priests asked "How did they let an Irish kid in here?"

Old 06-17-2011, 08:01 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,157,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
As I said earlier, I wouldn't be posting any of this if it weren't for the original poster. It's not like I would START a post saying how I feel about AI's. If I did that, then you could call me a racist, but I didn't.
This logic is trully astounding. So because you didn't start the thread what you said can't be construed as racist. Had you started the thread then you would have been racist.

I'm pretty sure if we look up the definition of being a racist there is no mention you have to be the first one to bring up the topic in discussion.

Old 06-17-2011, 08:15 AM

264 posts, read 606,432 times
Sounds like a few bad apples are giving the entire basket a bad name. What is even sadder, to me, is when Indians point to other Indians and turn up their nose! I personally think, do your best and mind your own business. If you end up with a racist neighbor or co-worker, that is a most unfortunate nuisance, that is all. But what is the guarantee that a neighbor of different race will not be annoying in some other way?

Old 06-17-2011, 08:17 AM

1,418 posts, read 2,547,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
I live in West Windsor, NJ (the town referenced by the OP), and you're wrong on all accounts... opinions or not.

For starters, the Indians living in West Windsor are not saving money to go back home. In my complex, we have dozens of Indians, and these houses range from $1.2mm to $2.1mm (and I'm sure the OPs are close to this range if he/she lives in WW as well). That's not how people who come here to make money with the intent to go home live.

I don't know much about Indians in other lower class towns, but those who live in WW are very American. Many of my Indian neighbors belong to the same country club as I and play golf better than some us Americans.

Other than their music and god awful movies, I really have no problem with them.

Haha Yes the music and movies suck....I dont understand Hindi but the acting sucks. Most of these "actors" are in the industry because of their family connections. However, Freida Pinto is a breathe of fresh air because she may have genuine talent and has not connections to the industry.

Old 06-17-2011, 08:34 AM

4,073 posts, read 8,983,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
This logic is trully astounding. So because you didn't start the thread what you said can't be construed as racist. Had you started the thread then you would have been racist.

I'm pretty sure if we look up the definition of being a racist there is no mention you have to be the first one to bring up the topic in discussion.

Yup, craziest logic I've seen here in a while. "Hey, Hitler started the whole Nazi thing, not me -- but now that it's started, count me in!"

Old 06-17-2011, 08:45 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,652,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post

Yes, that is exactly right.

Don't tell me you have never thought badly about anyone or anything, please.

Old 06-17-2011, 08:51 AM

79 posts, read 268,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertee View Post
I guess all Africans commit crime and all latinos are illegal. Stupid right?
You're right, but unfortunately some people (Indians or Whites) think so

I've faced some issueswith people because I'm Latino But personally I don't care.

In one job interview the interviewer (who was Indian) was really rude, he even asked me if I was here Legally and If I really had a degree Stupid isn't it? (Duh! - This is not my first International experience! )

Obviously I did my best in that interview with all people involved (got the position) and at the end I said, you know what, I'm not gonna take the job, because I don't work with Racist people like that fellow who made some really racist comments about me and I just left

Unfortunately, one of the things I've seen is that a lot of Indians lie on their resumes and cheat, I've seen a lot of Junior level people (with a Huge ego - they look themselves like they're a kind of genius - be humble people!!!) everywhere I work, the only thing I do, is just do my best and not do the same Soon or later things will fall apart

Old 06-17-2011, 08:56 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juca_cruz View Post
You're right, but unfortunately some people (Indians or Whites) think so

I've faced some issueswith people because I'm Latino But personally I don't care.

In one job interview the interviewer (who was Indian) was really rude, he even asked me if I was here Legally and I had a degree Stupid isn't it? (Duh!)

Obviously I did my best in that interview with all people involved (got the position) and at the end I said, you know what, I'm not gonna take the job, because I don't work with Racist people like that fellow who made some racist comments about me. I just left

Unfortunately, one of the things I've seen is that a lot of Indians lie on their resumes and cheat, I've seen a lot of Junior level people (with a Huge ego) everywhere I work, the only thing I do, is just do my best and not do the same
Yup. Never saw so many Master's degrees in software development from the "University of India"...............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey