Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 08:56 AM

19,137 posts, read 25,345,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFull View Post
Yup, craziest logic I've seen here in a while. "Hey, Hitler started the whole Nazi thing, not me -- but now that it's started, count me in!"

Yup!
Every racist can give you a litany of reasons why HIS sentiments are justified.

Old 06-17-2011, 08:58 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,654,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFull View Post
Yup, craziest logic I've seen here in a while. "Hey, Hitler started the whole Nazi thing, not me -- but now that it's started, count me in!"
You know what?

The OP asked a question. No one had answered for about two hours after it was posted. I answered his question according to what I have experienced. If you don't like it, too bad, oh well.

I will continue to be honest in my feelings. Trust me, there are many others who feel the same way, but they would NEVER, even in an anonymous chatroom, give vent to their honest feelings.

That, to me, is much worse..very fake.

It's not like I go around constantly talking trash about AI's. I never talk about them, but the OP was asking for answers.

If you and others choose to ignore my other posts wherein I state that not ALL are alike and/or act the same way, well...I'm not responsible for what you do or not do.

This is the typical type of response on C-D. Zero in on one statement in a post that pushes a button and totally ignore what doesn't confirm your initial reaction.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:05 AM

79 posts, read 268,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Yup. Never saw so many Master's degrees in software development from the "University of India"...............

Actually that was topic in a conversation with another co-worker (he's american) and that's right, he told me that when you see their resumes, you see people with Masters degree (in University of India) and at the end they're not a big deal (but they know how to sell themselves)

Maybe when Indians look at my resume and see my transcripts they get this idea: "look at this fellow he's trying to do the same like us, but instead of the University of India, he uses National Autonomous University of Mexico"

Old 06-17-2011, 09:10 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,048,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
I live in West Windsor, NJ (the town referenced by the OP), and you're wrong on all accounts... opinions or not.

For starters, the Indians living in West Windsor are not saving money to go back home. In my complex, we have dozens of Indians, and these houses range from $1.2mm to $2.1mm (and I'm sure the OPs are close to this range if he/she lives in WW as well). That's not how people who come here to make money with the intent to go home live.

I don't know much about Indians in other lower class towns, but those who live in WW are very American. Many of my Indian neighbors belong to the same country club as I and play golf better than some us Americans.

Other than their music and god awful movies, I really have no problem with them.
Slumdog Millionaire was fantastic!

Old 06-17-2011, 09:12 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,157,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
You know what?

The OP asked a question. No one had answered for about two hours after it was posted. I answered his question according to what I have experienced. If you don't like it, too bad, oh well.

I will continue to be honest in my feelings. Trust me, there are many others who feel the same way, but they would NEVER, even in an anonymous chatroom, give vent to their honest feelings.

It's not like I go around constantly talking trash about AI's. I never talk about them, but the OP was asking for answers.

If you and others choose to ignore my other posts wherein I state that not ALL are alike and/or act the same way, well...I'm not responsible for what you do or not do.

This is the typical type of response on C-D. Zero in on one statement in a post that pushes a button and totally ignore what doesn't confirm your initial reaction.
That's fine. You continue to post your honest feelings and some will continue to post we think those feelings makes you a racist.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:18 AM

4,073 posts, read 8,983,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
You know what?

Go back and read your posts again and tell me how they sound. I'm not looking to label you a racist. But your logic is nuts - it doesn't matter if you started the thread or not -- your words and thoughts count just the same.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:24 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,154,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Slumdog Millionaire was fantastic!
I haven't seen it.. but I'm pretty sure that movie would make me leave India for West Windsor for sure. And it wasn't an Indian movie.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:24 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juca_cruz View Post
Actually that was topic in a conversation with another co-worker (he's american) and that's right, he told me that when you see their resumes, you see people with Masters degree (in University of India) and at the end they're not a big deal (but they know how to sell themselves)
Problem is, there is no such place as the University of India, and yet you see many candidates with that on their resume (and pretty much the same damn resume too).

Quote:
Maybe when Indians look at my resume and see my transcripts they get this idea: "look at this fellow he's trying to do the same like us, but instead of the University of India, he uses National Autonomous University of Mexico"

At least UNAM actually exists.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:28 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,154,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Problem is, there is no such place as the University of India, and yet you see many candidates with that on their resume (and pretty much the same damn resume too).

At least UNAM actually exists.
If they are going to lie about their school, they should atleast put Indian Institute of Technology as their school. That pretty much guarantees them a 6 figure job.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:39 AM

4,073 posts, read 8,983,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usedtobeanyer View Post
Can someone explain to me where this hostility comes from? If you feel hostility towards Indians, can you explain why? I know they are different from us in many ways but I have found the Indians I have dealt with to be some of the kindest, gentlest people I have met in New Jersey. Why someone would feel such hostility towards them is beyond me.
OK, I thought you were overstating the hostility when I first read your original post. I stand corrected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey