Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 02:26 PM

94 posts, read 333,647 times

Advertisements

As kindly as you can please look at me listing on realtor.com and please tell me why you think i am not getting any showings? (Only a few).
I am listing it for real clsoe to what we owe and need to sell, so if anyone wants to as nicely as possible tell me what they think, please do.
I appreciate the input...

REALTOR.com: Find a Home - Listing Detail

Or MLS ID# 3013609
THANKS

Be gentle LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2007, 03:11 PM

2,736 posts, read 9,671,561 times
Look at the prices for some of the other homes... $/sq. ft. of home ranges from $130-$190, and you're at about $200. Theres no shortage of homes it seems, but at just $50 less, theres a home with 5 beds, 2.5 baths, and 600sq ft more house.

Admittedly, I'm not familiar with the area... but I'd say price and market would be holding up your sale. Looks like you've got quite a bit of competition...

Good luck

Old 08-14-2007, 03:15 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,385,838 times
I think the house looks great. The big problem is that there are almost 30 houses in LEH with 3 BR/2BA that are priced lower than you, and that's just the ones with photos. There are probably plenty more on top of that.

I can't comment on whether the price is higher than it should be, though if you're trying to sell it for what you bought it for a few years ago, it likely is.

Bob

Old 08-14-2007, 03:26 PM

Yeah I see that. BUT i can say we are in an area called OSbourn Island and have a walkto the bay. I do see the comp. and it is looking bad. Our home just appraised in Nov at 289. I jsut can not beleive this is changing so fast..
THANKS
What do u think a good price would be to get buyers in?
Also what happens at closing if you are taking a loss?
Thanks

Old 08-14-2007, 03:27 PM

1,080 posts, read 4,587,473 times
Your home and pictures are great........love the view of the ocean......as
someone said about the price......so much competition......keep good thougts
I hope your homes sell soon........we're all in the same boat it seems.

GOOD LUCK!

Old 08-14-2007, 03:31 PM

CuCullin
we have an extra 100 sq ft addition, can i add in the deck as living space LOL
I am just kidding.

Old 08-14-2007, 04:05 PM

7,079 posts, read 37,944,603 times
Frankly (and this is what you asked for), I think you'd benefit from decluttering (especially in the room with the crib) and a professional photographer, because it seems very dark inside.

Old 08-14-2007, 04:21 PM

No offense taken I want feedback. I see clutter in the babies room & I agree, but please where else do you think?
we are thinking of changing agents at the end of our contract and they use a professional photog, so hopefully no dark pics.
thansk

Old 08-14-2007, 04:28 PM

71 posts, read 240,283 times
Cute house. While I agree with all the advice above (you can always improve pictures), keep in mind that the market is very slow. It's supply and demand. You have a lot of supply (drive around a look at all the for sale signs!). You also have demand going down because less and less people are being approved mortgages right now. If you have to sell fast, you probably need to be the best deal in town... which means you have to lower your price. Good luck.

Old 08-14-2007, 04:35 PM

1,507 posts, read 5,908,193 times
Default Constructive & Kind feedback

Hi Shan-
I've been in your situation & people can be harsh. I'll try to make this as constructive & kind as possible...

I took a look & thought...
Hmm Kitchen has "stuff" on window sill....Remove floor mats/rugs. Remove high chair too..
What is that piece of furniture behind the dinette?
Big vase of fresh flowers would be nice to see on that table. Person photos framed on wall..? NG.
Deck looks nice. Sure would appear larger without that fabric gazebo though...Remove beach chair & large gas grill.

All in all - I do agree with other poster. It looks d a r k ....

Best of luck to you - I hope I didn't come off too harsh...If so, please forgive me- as I know nothing....cough cough..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: