Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 02:31 PM

687 posts, read 3,252,140 times

Advertisements

I'm going to be brave. Very, very brave....

Please take a look at my listing and post any feedback you might have. Thanks!

http://www.weichert.com/search/realestate/PropertyListing.aspx?P=12612247&cityid=39240%2c458 37&ptypeid=28%2c21&pg=2 (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2007, 02:58 PM

94 posts, read 333,647 times
Looks very nice to me, do not know your area, but the place looks really nice.
Good luck with your sale.

Old 08-15-2007, 04:25 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,694,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliann1977 View Post

http://www.weichert.com/search/realestate/PropertyListing.aspx?P=12612247&cityid=39240%2c458 37&ptypeid=28%2c21&pg=2 (broken link)

i LOVE your decorating style and it shows beautifully.

honestly? i wouldn't pay that price in parlin for a 2 bedrm place. i compare this to a place a family member owned, in montgomery twsp in one of the best school districts in the state. 2 bedroom, finished basement. they sold for $340K.

i think the price is too high. but seriously, it's gorgeous, up to date, and the style should appeal to a WIDE variety of buyers.

best of luck with your sale though!

Old 08-15-2007, 04:36 PM

Thanks for the feedback... The paint is one of my worries, though each realtor we've spoken to says it is fine.

We figure we're priced okay now, though we'll see... Average per sq.ft. in Parlin is $177 per and we're at $173. Our development is tiny, and the last one that sold was a 3BR (not a finished basement) last Oct. for $490k. Obviously, things are not the same as back then--but we're 100k less than then.

Original price was $305k in 2003, preconstruction, and we've put thousands into the house. Finished basement, granite, crown moulding, etc... We just want to recoup what we've put in and some modest appreciation.

Old 08-15-2007, 06:22 PM
ira

657 posts, read 3,931,789 times
Default Beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliann1977 View Post

I'm not familiar with your area but the pictures are beautiful. Very nicely decorated with just the right amount of furniture. There is nothing worse than clutter. I love all the colors you used in your rooms.

Good Luck with the sale!!

Old 08-15-2007, 09:33 PM

3,269 posts, read 9,936,557 times
Looks good. The only thing I would change is to take all the stuff off the counter in the kitchen. Makes it look smaller with not much work surface.

Old 08-16-2007, 05:55 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,667,671 times
Default Looks great

I love it......Your colors look fine.
I'd open up those dining room curtains, everyone loves light.
I understand the rule they use in the real estate business is
one small appliance on the kitchen counter. I think its a good idea.
Maybe place a low level grouping of flowers on that one end of the kitchen.
Have a nice cookie/cinnamon, smelling candle in there.
A marina view sounds wonderful. I wonder why they didn't show that a bit.
If people have to walk by the couch ( behind it) I might switch the chairs,
and put the couch on the solid wall instead. To open the walkway area.
But......your selling a fabulous place. I hope the market picks up soon.
Best of luck to you. Thank you for showing us your wonderful home.

Old 08-16-2007, 06:04 AM

333 posts, read 1,991,783 times
I think it also looks absolutely beautiful. Your decorating style is right up my alley. I wouldn't worry about the paint. I know how you feel though...We have color in our house and I was concerned too. So we decided to let people come through and we don't get any bad feedback on the paint. Infact, most love it...and I have an italian theme in my kitchen so it is kind of a yellow gold..with and accent wall that is a deep purple! We thought for sure we would have to paint it. But we have had nothing but rave reviews on the paint.

I like going through a house that has a tasteful decorating style and it is a bonus when it's something I like! But, I cannot stand all white walls . As tahiti said, I also think it will appeal to a wide range of people. It looks gorgeous. Well done.

I hope you sell soon!!!

Old 08-16-2007, 06:10 AM

Quote:
I might switch the chairs,
and put the couch on the solid wall instead.
Maybe we'll try this again. When we first bought that furniture, I think we tried that configuration, but I don't recall what the problem was.

Quote:
A marina view sounds wonderful. I wonder why they didn't show that a bit.
In the summer, the treeline mostly covers the view from our deck. We can really only see into it from our master bedroom right now.

Thanks so much for the feedback--please keep it coming.

Old 08-16-2007, 06:58 AM

1,341 posts, read 4,907,938 times
Your decorating style is like mine....very very tastefull, elegant and classy. And the wall colors, while "colored" are a very subtle and neutral type of tone. I think you will find that a couple with maybe one small child will purchase your condo....

The ONLY thing that I could see wrong with the place is NOT the place itself..but the kind of buyer you have to attract. Meaning with only two bedrooms and one is usually used as an office or nursery. That limits your choices to either couples (young couples or retirees) People with no no kids or only one child. There honestly isnt enough room (not square footage wise..just bedroom wise), For a family with an average of 2 kids.

But again...the place is REALLY nice and very very classy. Maybe you can talk to realtor about what your target market should be..maybe the realtors just arent bringing the right crowd into your place. KWIM?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey