Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2011, 09:13 AM

107 posts, read 383,452 times

Advertisements

A friend bought a house (very nice house) for the low 600s in Wayne. Doesn't seem to be an area that floods. Good schools? For low 600s where I'm looking, I can't find anything nice. I hear Wayne Hills is now the better high school, but it used to be Wayne Valley.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2011, 09:51 AM

4,287 posts, read 10,773,520 times
There is no reason to avoid Wayne. Flooding is the major issue you want to get checked out before buying, but nothing else comes to mind.

Old 08-20-2011, 09:57 AM

5,773 posts, read 16,596,404 times
Wayne seems like a large town geographically. lots of land coverage. I think the only places that flood would be sort of obvious to spot. I remember one road which used to be called Naachtpunk on old maps which is Riverview that got flooded a few years ago but I remember that as mostly commercial industrial. A friend of mine driving through called it "You mean Riverswim?" But most of the rest of Wayne seems high enough to not have any flooding.

Old 08-20-2011, 10:08 AM

107 posts, read 383,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captne76 View Post
Wayne seems like a large town geographically. lots of land coverage. I think the only places that flood would be sort of obvious to spot. I remember one road which used to be called Naachtpunk on old maps which is Riverview that got flooded a few years ago but I remember that as mostly commercial industrial. A friend of mine driving through called it "You mean Riverswim?" But most of the rest of Wayne seems high enough to not have any flooding.
schools are good?

Old 08-20-2011, 10:39 AM

607 posts, read 958,592 times
schools are good.....

but Wayne is a very spread out town, and can be a real PITA to travel through; could take you a long time to go end to end

if you are relocating for a job, keep that in mind for your commute - from Wayne to your job is one commute, but you may have an additional chunk of time just going from the border of Wayne to your home

Old 08-20-2011, 12:59 PM

4,940 posts, read 12,152,277 times
The part of Wayne that floods is near Willowbrook Mall near the border with Little Falls.

Old 08-21-2011, 08:25 PM

76 posts, read 243,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebsPSU View Post
A friend bought a house (very nice house) for the low 600s in Wayne. Doesn't seem to be an area that floods. Good schools? For low 600s where I'm looking, I can't find anything nice. I hear Wayne Hills is now the better high school, but it used to be Wayne Valley.
Overall, Wayne is a good town. There are parts subject to flooding. This is something the realtor/owner must tell you, but there are local areas that may be subject to minor flooding (water in the basement) without being listed as such. Look at how the land slopes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey