Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 09:46 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,146,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Because if you're going to drink something like that, you might as well have the sugar and enjoy it.

LOL, I rarely drink soda anyway, but I don't get the point of diet soda at all.
I think it's ridiculous that you think that my diabetic friend should not be able to enjoy a soda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2011, 09:58 PM

12,546 posts, read 21,406,479 times
Quote:
But it's just so wrong! If I were really the Mighty Queen I would outlaw well-done steak. And diet soda.
i'm a firm believer that folks who like well-done-steak simply do not like steak. yes, the person who likes a well done steak will argue until they are blue in the face that they really do like steak, they just like it well done. but well done destroys every bit of flavor the steak has. i can say i love a nice charred piece of salmon, until it's nice and black...but when all you taste is the char...you don't like the food that was cooked.

but, to each their own.

Old 09-02-2011, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
That is why they invented ketchup.
i worked in a restaurant and a table asked for ketchup for their prime rib. the chef (though he was pompous) walked out to the table and asked for the steak back. i found it amusing.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
I think it's ridiculous that you think that my diabetic friend should not be able to enjoy a soda.
eh, i understand her point. diet soda is horrible for you. if you can't have sugar, you should probably just not drink soda. i think it's terrible my fat friends can't enjoy deep dried oreos...but they really shouldn't.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:04 PM

Quote:
I will try different types of food, so I went with a group at work to a Korean place a few months ago. That's probably now highest on my list of most disgusting food. EVERYTHING smelled similar to what my fridge smelled like this past Monday after two days without power. I couldn't eat any of it.
you have to be careful with korean food. i love korean food, but certain things are disgusting to me, simply because the american pallet is just not used to those flavors. you really need to know what you're ordering. i recommend going with a korean person and giving it another shot. bulgogi is amazing.and bimbibap is also quite good. the crispy rice on the inside of the stone bowl is amazing.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Personally I think steak is the biggest restaurant rip off just in front of pasta. I rarely order them out anymore. 99.9% of the time I would prefer one at home on the grill for a fraction of what they charge you for it. Plus it really isn't that hard to cook.
i'm with you on pasta being a big restaurant ripoff, depending on the sauce and what's in it (basic spaghetti and meatballs is highway robbery though). but steak...many cuts, it's not just about cooking it. it's very easy to cook at home, you're right. but it's very difficult to properly dry age a steak. and to buy dry aged steak and cook it at home, it's not much cheaper than getting it out. so, depending on the cut, steak is actually one of the best deals at many restaurants. but then again...you mentioned you like it well done...i'd just eat it at home then since dry-aged, seasoned, etc...really makes no difference with well done.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
eh, i understand her point. diet soda is horrible for you. if you can't have sugar, you should probably just not drink soda. i think it's terrible my fat friends can't enjoy deep dried oreos...but they really shouldn't.
Diet soda is only bad for you if you drink a lot of it (probably if you drink it every day or something). Having a diet soda at a game every now and then isn't going to do your harm.

Your fat friend brought it upon him/herself. My diabetic friend did not.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Diet soda is only bad for you if you drink a lot of it (probably if you drink it every day or something). Having a diet soda at a game every now and then isn't going to do your harm.

Your fat friend brought it upon him/herself. My diabetic friend did not.
some people have genetic causes for being fat, just like some people get diabetes because of their diet my friend. i'll find the news article from a couple years ago that discusses what is in diet soda and what effects it has on your body and digestive system. almost anything if you have it every day is bad for you. diet soda has all sorts of unnatural ingredients in it, and it really is not good. soda in general is not good, for reasons other than sugar. but we digress...

Old 09-02-2011, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
diet soda has all sorts of unnatural ingredients in it, and it really is not good. soda in general is not good, for reasons other than sugar. but we digress...
If that's the reasoning, then regular soda should be outlawed. But why should the government get involved?

Old 09-02-2011, 10:40 PM

Quote:
If that's the reasoning, then regular soda should be outlawed. But why should the government get involved?
if you buy "real" soda...which hardly exists anymore, you'll see only 5 or 6 ingredients in it (trader joe's cola for instance). but when you buy a regular pepsi, or sprite, or whatever..there's like 20-30 ingredients. and like you said...if you only drink it occasionally, no big deal. but where we used to get a 12 oz service at most...now we get a 12 oz serving at least...if you happen to even find cans somewhere. 20oz is the new standard serving, even though the nutritional info says it's not 1 serving. anyways...point is...soda is pretty bad for you, in it's current form. i'm not going to find the article i wanted to show you. a coworker sent it out years ago, and none of us can find it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey