Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 07:52 AM

108 posts, read 295,615 times

Advertisements

Hi

I been house searching for a year in the 400's, I started with Holmdel but didnt' like route 35 houses I have been getting some recommendation about Livingston.

Can someone who knows the place well give me a idea about the area?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2011, 08:07 AM

12,546 posts, read 21,400,123 times
what are your requirements for a house, commute, etc. $400s, plus taxes in livingston, will effect your monthly payment far more than $400s in a different town. it's a great town with good schools, but give the board a list of things you like/dislike...and you'll get lots of feedback

Old 08-31-2011, 08:13 AM

605 posts, read 2,147,187 times
I live Livingston. It is a nice town. The schools are excellent, so I have been told by friends with school aged children. The town is safe as well. Taxes are high, as pp said. We live in a town home and plan to move out of Livingston when we buy a house. We are looking for more diversity on many levels. We don't feel very connected to our community. On the other hand, we have friends who absolutely love it here.

Old 09-01-2011, 08:43 AM

8 posts, read 17,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic78 View Post
I live Livingston. It is a nice town. The schools are excellent, so I have been told by friends with school aged children. The town is safe as well. Taxes are high, as pp said. We live in a town home and plan to move out of Livingston when we buy a house. We are looking for more diversity on many levels. We don't feel very connected to our community. On the other hand, we have friends who absolutely love it here.
It should be in another thread, since u live in livingston, I am just wondering is there any house get flooded after IRENE? I have noticed many houses do not have basement there. Thanks

Old 09-06-2016, 03:14 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,624,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pduttaroy View Post
If you need help, please feel free to contact me...I am a licensed realtor and I work at Keller Williams...would like to help. Thanks
You seem pretty sharp. OP was looking for a house over 5 years ago and you try to solicit them today. Good job, they're probably retired by now.

Old 09-10-2016, 11:56 PM

684 posts, read 713,667 times
They build condos so the population of Livingston has been increasing. Maybe that's why you can find something to buy there. $400, good luck if you can find something this cheap Taxes are not the highest then other Essex county townships.

Old 09-11-2016, 09:38 AM

3,960 posts, read 3,597,486 times
I don't like the culture in Livingston.
It's a very "white trash with money" kind of town, IMHO.
Just very shallow.
I would be miserable there!

Old 09-11-2016, 01:20 PM

18,465 posts, read 15,244,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoshanarose View Post
Just very shallow.
Yes, doctors, lawyers, engineers, and Wall Street commuters. All "white trash with money". Each and every one of them.

I'm sorry if you felt you were mistreated there, but judging from your posts, I would advise you look inward for the cause.

Old 09-11-2016, 01:38 PM

1,646 posts, read 2,780,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoshanarose View Post
Just very shallow.
Isn't that any upper middle to upper class town in NJ? Trash with money is the definition of a New Jersey resident

Old 09-11-2016, 01:39 PM

19,125 posts, read 25,323,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Yes, doctors, lawyers, engineers, and Wall Street commuters. All "white trash with money". Each and every one of them.

I'm sorry if you felt you were mistreated there, but judging from your posts, I would advise you look inward for the cause.

I have to agree with AnesthesiaMD.
Having known several people who grew up in Livingston, and having visited there many times, I do not perceive the locals to be "white trash with money"--not even by a gigantic stretch of the imagination.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey