Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2007, 02:07 PM

1 posts, read 2,408 times

Advertisements

I just started a job in NYC and my commute via train is painfully long (from Princeton Junction) about 1 hr 15 min.
I have started doing some research into housing in NNJ- and was looking for input on new condos in Newark, NJ.
I read several threads, and people seem to be quite critical of this up-and-coming city. I am in an early stage of my search for housing and will drive in to Newark to get a better feel for the city and see what is out there- I have heard and read good things about the Ironbound section.

Could the kind readers of this post direct me to what other sections of the town are worth a look, have new housing and development, and are in close proximity to train access?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2007, 08:22 AM

10 posts, read 33,021 times
take a look at 6oparkwayview in orange just opened for sale and inexpensive

Old 09-02-2007, 09:08 AM

765 posts, read 2,638,144 times
I did not know Newark was an up and coming city.

Old 09-04-2007, 09:45 AM

8,306 posts, read 3,470,107 times
If all you are looking for is an easy commute, I really dont see how you ended up choosing Newark ! I wouldnt suggest any area of Newark to anyone.. There are a lot of better places around, which offer an easy commute plus are much much safer.. I know there are many people here who will hit on me for this and say things like Newark is not what people make it to be, it is an up and coming city, how long have you stayed there to say such a thing etc.. Whatever, I dont care , just stay out of Newark ..

Old 09-04-2007, 10:13 AM
EB2

1,925 posts, read 6,365,552 times
I've heard good stuff about the Ironbound.

But, travelling through parts of Newark to get to Penn Station was MORE than enough for me (and I'm sure there are MUCH worse parts).

I wouldn't have stepped foot out there if I'd been paid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey