Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 05:19 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,141,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Clearly he does have the right since that is how it is working today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
How it is working is a mistake. We can correct mistakes.
Quote:
Knock yourself out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuma, AZ View Post
May God Bless Bergen County's blue law... greatest gift in this country
Most blue laws in this country have been scrapped by the ruling of them being unconstitutional. It's just a matter of time until this one follows.

I honestly feel that it will be gone by the the 2014 Superbowl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2012, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuma, AZ View Post
You should be BANNED coming to Bergen County!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're Anti-Christ!
What are you saying? One has to abide by the bible in order to go to Bergen County?

Old 01-29-2012, 05:22 PM

74 posts, read 304,623 times
Im so sick of this so-called "day of rest". Most people work 5 days a week, whatever days you are off you can rest. It doesnt have to be a Sunday.

Old 01-30-2012, 01:53 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times
Quote:
Most people work 5 days a week, whatever days you are off you can rest. It doesnt have to be a Sunday.
But what we are missing is a law that limits an employer to the amount of days they can schedule w/o a full day of rest. There are numerous employers out there who are scheduling across seven days and also doing split shift days and still not hitting FT status.

Old 01-30-2012, 02:01 PM

3,515 posts, read 7,783,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamitas View Post
Are there any non-Christians who like Bergen County's & Paramus' blue laws?
I support Blue laws, not that I'm religious or anything, but without them employers would take advantage of employees. If I was governor, I'd mandate that Retailers have to closed until 6am Black Friday. I think it's complete BS that they are allowed to open at 12:01am Friday, people should be able to enjoy there Thanksgiving without having to worry about working the next day.

Old 01-30-2012, 02:15 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,972,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilVA View Post
But what we are missing is a law that limits an employer to the amount of days they can schedule w/o a full day of rest. There are numerous employers out there who are scheduling across seven days and also doing split shift days and still not hitting FT status.
Oh, how miserable.
I know that there are some people in retail who work so hard that it seems like some form of indentured servitude. It probably depends on the company. They don't get paid all that well, either, and often the management seems not to be in the real world considering some of their decisions and the guys in the trenches who have to implement them. I am thinking of Kmart management managing Borders out of existence. Yeah, the book industry is hurting right now but at one time Borders was actually threatening to Barnes and Noble. Hard to think of that.

Old 01-30-2012, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGromit View Post
I support Blue laws, not that I'm religious or anything, but without them employers would take advantage of employees. If I was governor, I'd mandate that Retailers have to closed until 6am Black Friday. I think it's complete BS that they are allowed to open at 12:01am Friday, people should be able to enjoy there Thanksgiving without having to worry about working the next day.
So you support limiting freedom. I don't understand why you bother staying in America.

Old 01-30-2012, 02:24 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,144,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGromit View Post
People should be able to enjoy..........

Friday nights out. So you shouldn't be able to open early on a Saturday.
Saturday nights out. So you shouldn't be able to open early on a Sunday.
Church on Sunday. So NO stores should be open on Sunday.
Synagogue on Saturday. So no stores should be open on Saturday.
Christmas break. So no stores should be open that week.

And on. And on. And on.

Old 01-30-2012, 02:26 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,972,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
So you support limiting freedom. I don't understand why you bother staying in America.
Well, I support enhancing the freedoms of the employees.

I mean years back companies had children working and there were 12 hour workdays for 7 or 8 days per week. Conditions were deplorable. Remember that fire in that seamstress factor in New York? The management locked the women in the building during working hours and the place caught fire. Women jumped to their death from high windows and the roof.

It was only by limiting the freedom of the corporations that these situations changed. Could that be the 'freedom' you are referring to?

Last edited by goldengrain; 01-30-2012 at 02:38 PM..

Old 01-30-2012, 02:26 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,961,845 times
Quote:
People should be able to enjoy..........

Friday nights out. So you shouldn't be able to open early on a Saturday.
Saturday nights out. So you shouldn't be able to open early on a Sunday.
Church on Sunday. So NO stores should be open on Sunday.
Synagogue on Saturday. So no stores should be open on Saturday.
Christmas break. So no stores should be open that week.

And on. And on. And on.
Go work on that in your county.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey