Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 04:47 PM

262 posts, read 798,376 times

Advertisements

I'm having a hard time finding a decent selection of homes in Milltown, NJ. Does anyone know of any good listings / real estate agent sites where we can check out the houses online?

Budget is $300,000-$350,000

Thanks,

Greg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2012, 05:36 AM

1,041 posts, read 3,011,937 times
Milltown is only 1.5 sq miles. Its not big. Me and my wife looked at buying in Milltown. We actually lost out on two houses in Milltown last year (one which we offered full list). That being said, we looked in the Milltown for almost two years (a year before being ready to purchase and then a year looking to actually purchase.)

Milltown is the kind of town where the houses are passed down to family and rarely go "for sale" and when they do, and are priced correctly, they go fairly quickly. There were never a LOT of listings. Were were looking under $425k. The town didnt really get hit by the mortgage crisis and homes sustained values pretty well. The North Side of the Lawrence Brook is def more desirable than the south side, in particular the west side that borders east brunswick. Matter of fact, A portion of east brunswick has the milltown zipcode.

I think Milltown is a great town. Definatly blue collar, but the central location to everything, the small downtown small town feel, proximity to NJ TRansit trains, and the affordable housing make it a good buy in my book.

good luck

Old 02-06-2012, 09:24 PM

262 posts, read 798,376 times
Thanks, Tony. I agree on all of the positive views of Milltown that you hold. I'm interested to hear where you ended up buying. Are you happy with the area?

Old 02-07-2012, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by focus282 View Post
Thanks, Tony. I agree on all of the positive views of Milltown that you hold. I'm interested to hear where you ended up buying. Are you happy with the area?
We ended up purchasing next door in North Brunswick. We've been here for a few months and really do like the central location to everything. We have all the stores on Rt1, and Rt 18 in close proximity. I am at the train station in less than 10 minutes. New Brunswick 10 min to the north, Princeton 25 min to the south. Can be in Newark in less than 30 min.

Also, just an FYI, in addition to the 08850, there is a section of Milltown on the North Side that has a North Brunswick Zip 08902.

If your looking for a newer/updated single family home under 400k and need access to manhattan, i think Milltown is a solid choice. 58 minutes to Penn Station via the NEC. That cant be beat.

Old 02-07-2012, 06:09 AM

2,050 posts, read 5,942,369 times
I lived in Milltown in the early 80's and loved it. I could walk to everything, felt as if it was a safe community, and it appears to have carried it's charm through the years.

As for realtors/agencies~best bet is to google some combinations of "real estate milltown, nj" and see what you come up with. I do know of a few good realtors, but posting them would be against CD rules, so they would be take down or cut. You can also try CraigsList for the New Brunswick/Central Jersey area.

Old 02-07-2012, 06:47 AM

1,247 posts, read 3,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyStarksNJ View Post
Also, just an FYI, in addition to the 08850, there is a section of Milltown on the North Side that has a North Brunswick Zip 08902.
No actually. There is a part of North Brunswick that is virtually in Milltown that uses the 08850 zip code. This includes Lenox, Tremont, Stelle and parts of Prospect and West Lawrence Avenues. The only way to tell is that Milltown's street signs are black, while NB's signs are green. So when going from NB into Milltown, when the signs turn from green to black you are in Milltown.

Is there another section of Milltown that uses the 08902 zip code?

Old 02-07-2012, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubCityMadMan View Post
No actually. There is a part of North Brunswick that is virtually in Milltown that uses the 08850 zip code. This includes Lenox, Tremont, Stelle and parts of Prospect and West Lawrence Avenues. The only way to tell is that Milltown's street signs are black, while NB's signs are green. So when going from NB into Milltown, when the signs turn from green to black you are in Milltown.

Is there another section of Milltown that uses the 08902 zip code?
You're right, thats the section I was talking about. It does have an 08902 zip and a North Brunswick Address, but is basically IN milltown. You cant get to it from a North Brunswick street, you have to go into milltown to get to that section of North Brunswick, very strange.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:46 AM

249 posts, read 824,958 times
Focus282, have you looked at 51 JF Kennedy Blvd? They just had a large price reduction yesterday ($60K). Price is now $339,993. Growing up my best friend lived on this street. It's a great location.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kekee726 View Post
Focus282, have you looked at 51 JF Kennedy Blvd? They just had a large price reduction yesterday ($60K). Price is now $339,993. Growing up my best friend lived on this street. It's a great location.
That house has been on the market forever. It was for sale when I was looking over a year ago. Was over 400k at the time.

Old 02-07-2012, 08:18 AM

249 posts, read 824,958 times
Oh, pictures must be deceiving. Thanks Tony.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey