Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 04:24 PM

11 posts, read 63,088 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone, I'm recently looking around the areas of Union City to purchase a new home and I found the Lenox Condominiums. As there are good and bad comments about the condo, can any Lenox buyers comment on the real condition and the neighborhood around the area? Is it a good buy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2011, 10:21 AM

1 posts, read 2,872 times
Default Just a brief question...

How was the selling team? Did you feel like you had to continue to email them and follow up on them?

Old 04-11-2011, 10:37 AM

2,256 posts, read 6,957,974 times
Holy old thread Batman!

Thought I'd throw my 2 cents in here...when I was looking for a condo in Union City, the Lenox was the one place that never contacted us back after a couple voicemails and one email. No biggie for us because ended up driving around the area at night and my fiancee didn't feel comfortable in the immediate area so no go for that:P

Old 12-27-2011, 09:03 AM

11 posts, read 39,225 times
This post started over 3 years ago.

Checking in on any experiences from owners or potential buyers.

Old 03-19-2012, 11:41 AM

1 posts, read 2,433 times
Not an owner but renting at The Lenox from an owner friend since June of 2011 and love it...the building is very quiet, the amenities are great the convenience is unbeatable (live 2 mins away from Hoboken, 10 from the city for a fraction of the price)...the area is what it is, but hey, it's a secure building, and think of Hoboken 15 years ago.....not really the best of places....

Old 05-07-2012, 08:21 PM

2 posts, read 4,666 times
Hello, I'm looking to rent here(mainly for short commute to midtown). what i see here is mixed reviews for Lenox. want to know about safety and commute.
1.some people commented that it is in high crime area and not a safe neighborhood. is it still the issue there now? i guess it is not safe to walk in the street at dark.
2.If you take the bus to midtown, will you get stuck at Lincoln tunnel's traffic most of the time?
would appreciate the comments from current owners/renter.. thanks in advance.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:33 AM

11 posts, read 39,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by techluver View Post
Hello, I'm looking to rent here(mainly for short commute to midtown). what i see here is mixed reviews for Lenox. want to know about safety and commute.
1.some people commented that it is in high crime area and not a safe neighborhood. is it still the issue there now? i guess it is not safe to walk in the street at dark.
2.If you take the bus to midtown, will you get stuck at Lincoln tunnel's traffic most of the time?
would appreciate the comments from current owners/renter.. thanks in advance.

Regarding the bus.
There are dedicated bus lanes through the Lincoln tunnel during
the busy times.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:24 AM

2 posts, read 4,666 times
thanks slaggy.
Anybody, Please comment on the safety in this area.

Old 05-24-2012, 08:23 PM

2 posts, read 4,559 times
Hi, im looking to buy at the lenox building. I read some of the posts and I am familiar with some of the negatives and positives of living in the area because I grew up in the Jersey City Heights section. But my wife and I feel like we've been getting the run around with the building's contractors and sales people. First, they pretty much required us to use their mortgage company which to me was odd. Also, we know of another couple who has been getting the run around about the building's FHA approval. The maintenance fees seem pretty high for the amenities offered and the amount of responsibility they are wiling to take for damage to property for example cars parked in their CPU. We feel like there is no sense of urgency to sell the units, which seems strange, and makes us seriously wonder if there are things going on that we do not know about. It seems like most of the posts about The lenox are mainly from 2008.

We are seriously considering purchasing a condo here, any input from new owners or anyone who has been living at The Lenox would be greatly appreciated.

Units seem very nice especially for such a convenient location and possible investment opportunity because of it's proximity to Hoboken... just seeing some red flags.

Old 05-24-2012, 08:26 PM

2 posts, read 4,559 times
Hi, im looking to buy at the lenox building. I read some of the posts and I am familiar with some of the negatives and positives of living in the area because I grew up in the Jersey City Heights section. But my wife and I feel like we've been getting the run around with the building's contractors and sales people. First, they pretty much required us to use their mortgage company which to me was odd. Also, we know of another couple who has been getting the run around about the building's FHA approval. The maintenance fees seem pretty high for the amenities offered and the amount of responsibility they are wiling to take for damage to property for example cars parked in their CPU. We feel like there is no sense of urgency to sell the units, which seems strange, and makes us seriously wonder if there are things going on that we do not know about. It seems like most of the posts about The lenox are mainly from 2008.

We are seriously considering purchasing a condo here, any input from new owners or anyone who has been living at The Lenox would be greatly appreciated.

Units seem very nice especially for such a convenient location and possible investment opportunity because of it's proximity to Hoboken... just seeing some red flags.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey