Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 09:03 AM

14 posts, read 68,199 times

Advertisements

I need to hear from people who are currently living in Irvington or have previously owned in the last two years? I was considering buying a house there and need your help in weather or not you felt safe or whether the rumors are exaggerated. I really don't wan to hear from people who heard about it because that would not be accurate. So please help me out. I am going to call my lawyer and make a final decision on whether to back out or keep going. I am from brooklyn and I am hearing mixed messages from people who live outside the area. I am purchasing in Upper Irvington area specifically park place.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2007, 10:46 AM

857 posts, read 2,002,894 times
Are you just going to keep posting the same question until someone answers "Why, yes. Upper Irvington is a wonderful place to live!"

first of all, there is no such thing as "Upper Irvington".

Irvington is the second worse place in NJ besides Camden. Have you been to this house you are considering buying????

Not sure what else you want people to say. It's a run-down area with little hope. No economy, high crime, poor housing stock, corrupt politics, etc...

Old 09-13-2007, 12:57 PM

3,269 posts, read 9,937,412 times
You've asked this question so many times I almost feel that it's just a joke. How many times do people have to say it...Irvington is one of the very very worst places to live in NJ.

Old 09-13-2007, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKOK View Post
You've asked this question so many times I almost feel that it's just a joke. How many times do people have to say it...Irvington is one of the very very worst places to live in NJ.

I didn't mean for it to come off that way. I was just getting mixed messages from people outside of irvington but Iwasn't getting any replies from someone who lived in the area. I was just trying to take a different approach to the question to see if I could get a different sample of people. but I guess not on this site. Thanks

Old 09-13-2007, 04:55 PM

2,791 posts, read 10,811,002 times
Apparently no one living in Irvington is reading your messages. It's bad; that's why we don't live there. One doesn't need to live there to know that.

Old 09-13-2007, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jy_2007 View Post
Are you just going to keep posting the same question until someone answers "Why, yes. Upper Irvington is a wonderful place to live!"

first of all, there is no such thing as "Upper Irvington".

Irvington is the second worse place in NJ besides Camden. Have you been to this house you are considering buying????

Not sure what else you want people to say. It's a run-down area with little hope. No economy, high crime, poor housing stock, corrupt politics, etc...
Yes. I had been to the home. I went at night and the area seemed very quiet. The lawns were well manicured with fountains. The immediate area seemed to be well maintained this is why I am having the dilemna I am having. I'm wondering if I keep showing up on the good days? I've been three times.

Old 09-13-2007, 05:36 PM

777 posts, read 2,381,415 times
Default Stolen

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookdaleresident View Post
Apparently no one living in Irvington is reading your messages. It's bad; that's why we don't live there. One doesn't need to live there to know that.

All the Irvington residents had their computers stolen from their homes, thats why they can't post on this board.

Old 09-13-2007, 06:40 PM

3,269 posts, read 9,937,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyricaearth View Post
Yes. I had been to the home. I went at night and the area seemed very quiet. The lawns were well manicured with fountains. The immediate area seemed to be well maintained this is why I am having the dilemna I am having. I'm wondering if I keep showing up on the good days? I've been three times.
If you like it and it seems fine, move there and do your commute to Brooklyn every day. Please post back in 6 months and let us know how you are getting on.

Old 09-13-2007, 06:45 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,368,980 times
Maybe this will Work, These are Statistics---

Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site

I made a wrong turn and ended up in Irvington, I made sure all my doors on my car were locked.

Diane

Last edited by Yac; 09-13-2018 at 03:56 AM..

Old 09-13-2007, 08:37 PM

2,736 posts, read 9,672,300 times
To use City-Data.com for what its here for.... (snipped for readability of important bits)

"According to our research there were 8 registered sex offenders living in Irvington, New Jersey in early 2007.

City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 325.2) - 1036.1

Unemployed percentage above state average."

It just doesn't look good. Now, I have a friend who lived there... he moved within a few months. Even paid a few bucks just to get out of his lease. ALOT of renters, not alot of homeowners, and the unfortunate fact is.. renters won't take care of the property as good as a homeowner, because its not *their* property. I'm not suggesting that there aren't good renters out there, but the majority aren't. Especially in Irvington.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey