Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 11:30 AM

28,900 posts, read 30,279,972 times

Advertisements

I think both McGeevey and his wife are nut cases
and the children should be taken away from them.
They have been doing nothing but exploiting this whole embarrassing situation, for money, not thinking of the children at all. They have both been lying and making a public skeptical of themselves....unacceptable!

I am not against the gays..but, there is nothing, to me, more sleezy and nuts....then a gay who marrys and has children and then, comes out of the closet and/or is caught, and ruins all those lives and why, b/c he is a coward.

To me, that is inexcuseable, disgusting behavior, and McGreevey, should have no right to the children, however, his wife, to me, is just as unstable as he is...and it is time, the courts take a look at that.

I also think the public should say..."You both should be ashamed"...I mean, they were on Opera???????? How dare they act so childish and self imposed...when they should be acting like respectable adults to those children and keep their lives out of the limelight!!!!! To me, they are disgusting and shouldn't have had children....no wonder New Jersey is so corrupt?

I'm sorry, this is a disgrace to those poor kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2007, 11:40 AM

1,363 posts, read 5,928,979 times
"In total, I need $11,162 per month to meet my expenses," Matos McGreevey told the judge. "This lifestyle by no means approximates the lifestyle which plaintiff enjoys, much less the lifestyle we enjoyed while plaintiff was governor, but it will allow Jacqueline and me to live a lifestyle I can maintain on my income together with a reasonable amount of support from plaintiff."

This was her explanation. Unbelievable. I would love to live in a world where I could even think to make this plea with a straight face. I hope that judge throws her request right out the door, and then tells her to go volunteer some of her time at the after school programs filled with kids of single mothers who have to work 2+ jobs because they get little to nothing from their kids fathers. Forget the bigger support check. She needs a REALITY check. Idiot.

Old 09-13-2007, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by regarese View Post
"In total, I need $11,162 per month to meet my expenses," Matos McGreevey told the judge. "This lifestyle by no means approximates the lifestyle which plaintiff enjoys, much less the lifestyle we enjoyed while plaintiff was governor, but it will allow Jacqueline and me to live a lifestyle I can maintain on my income together with a reasonable amount of support from plaintiff."

This was her explanation. Unbelievable. I would love to live in a world where I could even think to make this plea with a straight face. I hope that judge throws her request right out the door, and then tells her to go volunteer some of her time at the after school programs filled with kids of single mothers who have to work 2+ jobs because they get little to nothing from their kids fathers. Forget the bigger support check. She needs a REALITY check. Idiot.

I would suggest, no, I'd make it manditory, she see a physiatrist, long term and that her children get counseling as well, b/c they are going to be scarred from all of this....

I tell you, people ought to have to take a test before they become parents.

Old 09-13-2007, 12:08 PM

13,404 posts, read 28,736,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I would suggest, no, I'd make it manditory, she see a physiatrist, long term and that her children get counseling as well, b/c they are going to be scarred from all of this....

I tell you, people ought to have to take a test before they become parents.

whether you agree or not is she is asking to sustain the life she is accustomed to, not that uncommon in high income families. as far as single struggling mothers, all though I feel for them it's like comparing apples to oranges, they never had the "lifestyle" to begin with.

I think she is bitter from what happened, not that I can blame her, but her very public denounciations are not winning her any fans.

Old 09-13-2007, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
whether you agree or not is she is asking to sustain the life she is accustomed to, not that uncommon in high income families. as far as single struggling mothers, all though I feel for them it's like comparing apples to oranges, they never had the "lifestyle" to begin with.

I think she is bitter from what happened, not that I can blame her, but her very public denounciations are not winning her any fans.

No I don't agree, and regardless of what she is asking for, I think the public ought to be enraged with them both....not to mention they're greed and they're egos, with no respect for their children what so ever.

And as far a a high income life style, there are many families that once had that life style and lost it, be it by divorce, greed, inprisionment, whatever...the life style will no longer be there, so, they need to get used to it, and learn to work for a living....like middle class and poor americans.

Lets also face the fact that she is asking for way more then she will really get, and they're just playing the game..but to be sincere...I have no respect for these two people, in the least.

As I said before, it is not about life style, but about two people who are mentally unacceptable parents.

Old 09-13-2007, 12:25 PM

Quote:
And as far a a high income life style, there are many families that once had that life style and lost it, be it by divorce, greed, inprisionment, whatever...the life style will no longer be there, so, they need to get used to it, and learn to work for a living....like middle class and poor americans.

That's what I think too. Poor thing has to live in modest 3 bedroom home with her child. My heart breaks for her. She should have thought about that before she signed up for a sham marriage. I think she knew exactly what she was getting into and is just PO'd that he was stupid enough to get involved with somebody who would force his hand in giving up the farce. And now, is just milking it for what it's possibly worth.

Old 09-13-2007, 12:29 PM

13,404 posts, read 28,736,811 times
Quote:
That's what I think too. Poor thing has to live in modest 3 bedroom home with her child. My heart breaks for her. She should have thought about that before she signed up for a sham marriage. I think she knew exactly what she was getting into and is just PO'd that he was stupid enough to get involved with somebody who would force his hand in giving up the farce. And now, is just milking it for what it's possibly worth.

Wow, is that your take on this whole mess??? Interesting at the very least.
I haven't really followed it, just remember when story first broke Dina seemed to have many in her corner and that has been changing....guess I'll have to start reading the stories

Old 09-13-2007, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Wow, is that your take on this whole mess??? Interesting at the very least.
I haven't really followed it, just remember when story first broke Dina seemed to have many in her corner and that has been changing....guess I'll have to start reading the stories
Yep-that's what I think. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt in that they may have had a good friendship and maybe she hoped that he would come around and really want to be with her, but I think it's a stretch.

Old 09-13-2007, 03:08 PM

191 posts, read 900,999 times
Quote:

Are you kidding me? this type of request is made all the time, and freely granted. And once she is handed the check, i give it about 6 months before she quits her job so she can 'take care' of her kid full time and ask for double the child support. and she will get that as well. even tho she probably has a nanny and maids and all the perks.
To be honest, im surprised she isnt asking for more, but like i said, she'll take the middle ground now, and then take the cake a short while down the road.

Look at the support order of P. Diddy. 12,000 per month for ONE kid, when he already paid for the mother's house, car, and the child's school, nanny, activities, healthcare, etc. the 12k a month is simply cash for the mother to "take care" of the kid. Take care of what?? he's already paid for everything.

On top of that, he's got like 6 other kids.
Sure he's worth 12mil a year, but im sure the ex-gov has a decent bankroll as well.

Old 09-13-2007, 03:33 PM

23,869 posts, read 33,575,259 times
Quote:
Lets also face the fact that she is asking for way more then she will really get, and they're just playing the game..but to be sincere...I have no respect for these two people, in the least.
In NJ, whether anyone likes it or not, child support is figured using a worksheet, and if he makes more money then her, it's taken into account.

Quote:
As I said before, it is not about life style, but about two people who are mentally unacceptable parents.
I don't know either of them, nor have I seen them on TV; so I can't really give an opinion on whether either of them are mentally unacceptable parents. I'm pretty sure my dad met him years ago, my dad never cared for him; he's usually a pretty good judge of character.

Quote:

According to the James McGreevey wiki -
Quote:
On March 14, 2007, the Associated Press reported that McGreevey was seeking custody of Jacqueline from Matos McGreevey, and filing for child support
He was filing for custody and wanted support? What a joke. I don't doubt that this is what got her going, I know it would get me going and I'd want to hit him where it hurt, in the bank account.

Putting myself in her shoes, I'd be pretty upset that he made me look like a fool. I'd be more upset that my child will have to pay for this for a very long time.

I do wonder how much child support his 1st wife is getting because she's entitled to more also if he makes more now. If she hasn't considered it, she should file and try, afterall, if she doesn't want it, she too can put it in a savings account for her child.

I don't like cheaters, Jim McGreevy was a cheater. I would like to see him have to give NJ back some of the money we paid to support his "lover" while he held that cushy job. Once the state of NJ is done making him pay that back, then both ex-wives can go after him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: