Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 06:23 AM

9 posts, read 21,189 times

Advertisements

i cant take living in nj anymore.. i live to pay my bills .. way to expensive in nj... cant even save money for my future.

i have being doing so much research and i might be moving to texas.. just fyi for all you new jersey people who are in the same boat as me.. check out texas .. i am hearing nothing but great things and living out there seems so much cheaper

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2007, 06:25 AM

3,219 posts, read 6,584,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donavin629 View Post
i cant take living in nj anymore.. i live to pay my bills .. way to expensive in nj... cant even save money for my future.

i have being doing so much research and i might be moving to texas.. just fyi for all you new jersey people who are in the same boat as me.. check out texas .. i am hearing nothing but great things and living out there seems so much cheaper

One has to be able to take the HEAT and MANY BUGS there for starters.

Old 08-02-2007, 06:58 AM

80 posts, read 397,060 times
Talking texas?

good luck in texas...but you have to have a certain mindset to live amongst the cowboys and super republicans. yee haw and enjoy...but I do agree that NJ and the East Coast in general is expensive.

Old 08-02-2007, 07:02 AM

765 posts, read 2,639,621 times
I too moved out of New Jersey three years ago because it was becoming too expensive to live here. I moved to Central Florida. I have been unable to find a decent job since I got here and now I am planning to move back to New Jersey.

Old 08-02-2007, 07:10 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,702,762 times
texas has extremely high property taxes. no state tax, but it may be a wash. housing costs are less. but you have to live in texas - can't stand the 'texas is the center of the universe' mentality there.

Old 08-02-2007, 07:26 AM

Location: Ilive in Woodland Park Parkersburg,WV. But we are moving to Sav. GA
7 posts, read 21,530 times
we moved out of NJ last year, hoping to not live pay check to pay check. Now we are moving again after selling my home. Even though NJ is high priced corrupted taxes after taxes, A lot other states are not much better as we found. But good luck whereever you go!

Old 08-02-2007, 08:02 AM

9,375 posts, read 20,811,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
texas has extremely high property taxes. no state tax, but it may be a wash. housing costs are less. but you have to live in texas - can't stand the 'texas is the center of the universe' mentality there.
Most Texas cities have lower housing costs due to less environmental constraints combined with higher land availability. Most other metros during the latest housing boom had overinflated real estate: Texas did not suffer the same fate. I will agree with you on property taxes, though expensive, not on the level of NJ, which is the highest in the nation. Additionally, you have to pay state income tax in NJ which penalizes high income achievers: in Texas there is no income tax at all.

Old 08-02-2007, 09:13 AM

1,081 posts, read 2,269,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdpop View Post
I too moved out of New Jersey three years ago because it was becoming too expensive to live here. I moved to Central Florida. I have been unable to find a decent job since I got here and now I am planning to move back to New Jersey.
You should check out NC on your way up. A lot of jobs in my area (Raleigh-Cary). Pay depends on what you do and how long you've been doing it(duh). Cost of living isn't too bad.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:53 AM

3,377 posts, read 14,633,156 times
I hear the grass is greener and "BIGGER" in Texas. Good luck with your move.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:58 AM

1,289 posts, read 6,099,707 times
Texas is nice but finding a comparable paying job is going to be difficult.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey