Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 12:23 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,875,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
lol, these are some really funny suggestions. So, basically a blend of:

Hair product, nail wrap, lip gloss, vodka, exhaust, tanning lotion and menthol cigarettes.

I think the only thing missing is a subtle hint of steroid infused sweat and Drakkar Noir picked up from their latest mate.
Omg! That is some funny s**t!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2012, 02:36 PM

1,495 posts, read 5,045,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
lol, these are some really funny suggestions. So, basically a blend of:

Hair product, nail wrap, lip gloss, vodka, exhaust, tanning lotion and menthol cigarettes.

I think the only thing missing is a subtle hint of steroid infused sweat and Drakkar Noir picked up from their latest mate.
ewww!

Old 06-30-2012, 09:11 PM

2,734 posts, read 4,150,019 times
Gee, I have lived my whole life in New Jersey and have never smoked a cigarette, worn fake nails, or been to a tanning salon. I've never even colored my hair.

As a matter of fact, none of my friends did any of those things either. We weren't tough. We were quiet and sensitive. We had after school jobs. We were well brought up and polite. We went to college and got good grades. We were close to our parents.

We never got drunk and we weren't "skanks". As a matter of fact, one of my best friends was a virgin when she married at age 25!

We had lots of fun at our innocent little parties every weekend. We even went Christmas caroling around the "hood" (Florham Park).

I guess we weren't real "Jersey girls"???

Old 06-30-2012, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJerseyMemories View Post
Gee, I have lived my whole life in New Jersey and have never smoked a cigarette, worn fake nails, or been to a tanning salon. I've never even colored my hair.

As a matter of fact, none of my friends did any of those things either. We weren't tough. We were quiet and sensitive. We had after school jobs. We were well brought up and polite. We went to college and got good grades. We were close to our parents.

We never got drunk and we weren't "skanks". As a matter of fact, one of my best friends was a virgin when she married at age 25!

We had lots of fun at our innocent little parties every weekend. We even went Christmas caroling around the "hood" (Florham Park).

I guess we weren't real "Jersey girls"???
I was raised here, by good parents...was polite, went thru 12 years of catholic school, wasnt a skank, or a drunk. Neither were my friends. And I was a virgin when I got married too. Just because we smoked, tanned at the beach and werent the fluffs we used to call them doesnt mean we arent jersey girls!!!!!

Old 06-30-2012, 10:09 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,728,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshflakes757 View Post
I feel like the term Jersey Girl can go two ways: the low class or the upper class kind. At least the low class kind are down to get ****ed up and have a good time.

The upper class jersey girl are the type that always have the ridiculous designer handbag, sun dresses in summer, huge heels, big sunglasses, can't control their alcohol intake (bad drunks), have huge daddy complexes, highly self medicated, and spoiled rotten. This sums up the entire 20-27 Hoboken, NJ girl population from my experience.
Ya see still not my experience, or my friends. I grew up in Manasquan, I cannot fathom that this area is completely unique but maybe it is?

We were surfer girls who cleaned up real cute. We would go to the Parker House, not Bar A. We didnt do the designer stuff (beyond Inlet Outlet and Brave) and we never got fall down drunk....in public lol.

Old 07-02-2012, 07:47 AM

2,098 posts, read 3,524,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Ya see still not my experience, or my friends. I grew up in Manasquan, I cannot fathom that this area is completely unique but maybe it is?

We were surfer girls who cleaned up real cute. We would go to the Parker House, not Bar A. We didnt do the designer stuff (beyond Inlet Outlet and Brave) and we never got fall down drunk....in public lol.
Manasquan might not have locals that are like that, but the girls that come down for the summer from Northern NJ are.

I think this is more of a wealthy, NYC affluent, Northern NJ thing. Like I said, just watch the girls getting off the path train between 5-6pm. Most of them look like they have a huge sticks shoved up their asses.

Old 07-04-2012, 04:17 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,629,182 times
Snookie has forever stereotyped what a Jersey Girl is: short, orange, and one twist short of a slinky.

Old 07-04-2012, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket View Post
Snookie has forever stereotyped what a Jersey Girl is: short, orange, and one twist short of a slinky.
How sad

Old 07-04-2012, 08:32 PM

78 posts, read 128,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven1976 View Post
hahaha well I was actually being serious because I'm putting out a line of toiletries and i want something interesting.
You really haven't thought this one through very well, have you?

Old 07-05-2012, 09:32 AM

9,324 posts, read 16,661,006 times
Would include a strong sense of self confidence and be called "Her Way."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey