Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 01:05 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times

Advertisements

We are out here with Friday being touted as the date to expect to get power back, but I have no idea how reliable that info is. I have about 45 minutes of battery left on the laptop and am using a mobile broadband device to access Internet.

Can't get to work, which is a block in from the Hudson in Downtown JC, and there is still no NJ Transit or PATH service. If I can do anything remotely, I will.

Wondering if there are places in eastern Monmouth County that do have power. Last year after Irene we found out that Red Bank had power and went to a coffee shop that had wifi. They didn't mind if we plugged in--made sure to spend some $$ there out of gratitude. That coffee shop is gone and I don't know if Red Bank has power after this one.

Thanks for any info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2012, 01:06 PM

43,663 posts, read 44,393,687 times
My cousin who lives in Toms River (not near the water) has power. He lost power yesterday afternoon and it was restored late last night.

Old 10-30-2012, 01:07 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
Neshanic Station is OUT
Branchburg is OUT
Hillsborough HAS POWER
South Brunswick is OUT

That's all I've got.

Old 10-30-2012, 01:10 PM

43,663 posts, read 44,393,687 times
I have 2 distant cousins in Bloomfield and Montclair. One of them has power and one of them doesn't. (I can't remember which has and one doesn't. Sorry I got the information from their father who called me earlier today from London, England.)

Old 10-30-2012, 01:10 PM

1,221 posts, read 2,111,275 times
Green Brook - OUT
Middlesex - OUT
Warren - HAS POWER

Obviously, local outages exist/this is not fact, just based on what I've seen/talking with people I know.

I'm going to try to get up on the ridge and take shots of NYC + NJ from the high point, should be obvious where does/doesn't have power.

Old 10-30-2012, 01:14 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post
Green Brook - OUT
Middlesex - OUT
Warren - HAS POWER

Obviously, local outages exist/this is not fact, just based on what I've seen/talking with people I know.

I'm going to try to get up on the ridge and take shots of NYC + NJ from the high point, should be obvious where does/doesn't have power.
Hey, great idea.

Thanks for the responses. I'm looking to see if anywhere close to me has power. Close being Eatontown/Shrewsbury/Tinton Falls areas.

I can't even charge my damn phone in the car because the electric outlet thing doesn't work. Whoever owned the car before me installed a radio system as Mr. Do-It-Yourselfer and screwed up the wiring bigtime. I had to rip the radio out eventually because it wouldn't turn off and drained the battery all the time. I guess they shorted other parts out, too.

Old 10-30-2012, 01:17 PM

237 posts, read 482,545 times
Apparently parts of Iselin and Metuchen have had some power restored, although most of the towns are still out.

Old 10-30-2012, 01:33 PM

1,202 posts, read 3,029,748 times
We have power on our block in East Rutherford, but friends a few blocks east of us do not. It's been non-stop sirens since I woke up this morning...

Old 10-30-2012, 01:40 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,198,331 times
Question Pequannock?

Can anyone please tell me what is going on with Pequannock NJ?
Its approx, an hour from NYC or so.

And they tend to flood easily...
Anyone from the area?

I hope everyone is doing OK!
My thoughts, prayers with all those affected!

Hang in there! Blessings!

Thanks!

Take good care!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
We are out here with Friday being touted as the date to expect to get power back, but I have no idea how reliable that info is. I have about 45 minutes of battery left on the laptop and am using a mobile broadband device to access Internet.

Can't get to work, which is a block in from the Hudson in Downtown JC, and there is still no NJ Transit or PATH service. If I can do anything remotely, I will.

Wondering if there are places in eastern Monmouth County that do have power. Last year after Irene we found out that Red Bank had power and went to a coffee shop that had wifi. They didn't mind if we plugged in--made sure to spend some $$ there out of gratitude. That coffee shop is gone and I don't know if Red Bank has power after this one.

Thanks for any info.

Last edited by countrylv22; 10-30-2012 at 01:58 PM..

Old 10-30-2012, 01:40 PM
pvs

1,845 posts, read 3,366,108 times
Good to see you back, MQ. Hope you find a power source. News and some personal communications this morning have been grim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey