Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 09:11 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,692,521 times

Advertisements

We lived in Ocean County for 9 months and we loved it! The town we lived in, Forked River, is a great little town. (I know the nuclear power plant is there, but nowadays lots of us live near one!) We were 30 minutes from the beach, down the street from Barnegat Bay and lived in a nice, quiet subdivision. Some people weren't the friendliest, but a lot of people were great. (We're from WI, and it was no different there.) I could mention a lot more positive experiences, but I won't bore you with my observations. I only mention these things because I noticed a lot of negative postings about NJ. We would have stayed, but like a lot of people we were priced out of the state. Every state has lots of negatives, but also a lot of positives. Anyway, just thought a positive post was due, so here it is !

Last edited by lovemaine; 08-29-2006 at 09:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2006, 04:38 AM

1,507 posts, read 5,906,292 times
Thumbs up Good post

Aww What a wonderfulpost Holt4fam.
Thank you so much for speaking up & saying something positive. We need more posters like YOU !!

I know the Forked River & Barnegat area very well. Have family down there too. It's so close to LBI as well. I'm sorry you only had 9 months here. Come back & visit soon

Cheers!!

Old 08-30-2006, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHomeForSale View Post
Aww What a wonderfulpost Holt4fam.
Thank you so much for speaking up & saying something positive. We need more posters like YOU !!

I know the Forked River & Barnegat area very well. Have family down there too. It's so close to LBI as well. I'm sorry you only had 9 months here. Come back & visit soon

Cheers!!
Thanks NewHome! We used to go to LBI all the time. The beach there is beautiful! I miss it every day! We'll visit again soon. Good luck selling your house. It is SO frustrating to have to wait. It took us 10 months to sell our first house in WI years ago. We had 60+ showings, kept lowering the price, etc. Two years after we sold it we found out that the buyer of our house put it on the market and sold it in less than a week! And he hadn't done anything different to the place. It was one of those weird things where the right buyer just didn't come along for us. Our next 2 houses (1 in WI, 1 in NJ) sold within 2 months. Hope things look up for you soon !

Old 08-30-2006, 09:20 AM

Default Wish me luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt4fam View Post
Thanks NewHome! We used to go to LBI all the time. The beach there is beautiful! I miss it every day! We'll visit again soon. Good luck selling your house. It is SO frustrating to have to wait. It took us 10 months to sell our first house in WI years ago. We had 60+ showings, kept lowering the price, etc. Two years after we sold it we found out that the buyer of our house put it on the market and sold it in less than a week! And he hadn't done anything different to the place. It was one of those weird things where the right buyer just didn't come along for us. Our next 2 houses (1 in WI, 1 in NJ) sold within 2 months. Hope things look up for you soon !
Wow- you were lucky. Two homes sold within 2 month. I wish I had your luck.
Did you entertain the thought of the Saint Joseph statue thing? Have you heard about it?
Several kind folks wrote back to me suggesting this idea.

Old 08-30-2006, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Wow- you were lucky. Two homes sold within 2 month. I wish I had your luck.
Did you entertain the thought of the Saint Joseph statue thing? Have you heard about it?
Several kind folks wrote back to me suggesting this idea.
I heard about burying the statue of Saint Joseph after we had already sold our last house. But hey, it's worth a try! Just hang in there. It'll happen one way or another !

Old 08-30-2006, 02:03 PM

543 posts, read 1,455,700 times
Quote:
We lived in Ocean County for 9 months and we loved it! The town we lived in, Forked River, is a great little town. (I know the nuclear power plant is there, but nowadays lots of us live near one!) We were 30 minutes from the beach, down the street from Barnegat Bay and lived in a nice, quiet subdivision. Some people weren't the friendliest, but a lot of people were great. (We're from WI, and it was no different there.) I could mention a lot more positive experiences, but I won't bore you with my observations. I only mention these things because I noticed a lot of negative postings about NJ. We would have stayed, but like a lot of people we were priced out of the state. Every state has lots of negatives, but also a lot of positives. Anyway, just thought a positive post was due, so here it is !
Thanks Holt, it's much appreciated I'm sure by many here I love Barnegat Bay too!

Old 08-30-2006, 07:23 PM

Talking I did it

Quote:
I heard about burying the statue of Saint Joseph after we had already sold our last house. But hey, it's worth a try! Just hang in there. It'll happen one way or another !

I buried him today.

I posted my experience on my thread. I can still hear my Husband laughing after he read it.

He may be on the phone calling the local Hotline to get some help for me or he's calling all his buddies, telling them what a "wacko" his wife is turning into as a direct result of all the stress I've been dealing with for these five long months sitting on the MLS... (it's all in good fun)
But my Agent really looked kinda nervous today when I took the tape measure to his side. LMAO!

Old 08-31-2006, 03:18 PM

Quote:
I buried him today.

I posted my experience on my thread. I can still hear my Husband laughing after he read it.

He may be on the phone calling the local Hotline to get some help for me or he's calling all his buddies, telling them what a "wacko" his wife is turning into as a direct result of all the stress I've been dealing with for these five long months sitting on the MLS... (it's all in good fun)
But my Agent really looked kinda nervous today when I took the tape measure to his side. LMAO!

Old 03-12-2007, 08:51 AM

19 posts, read 70,786 times
Thumbs up Still love NJ...

Quote:
Although we are thinking of moving down south...I still love it here!

Old 03-12-2007, 10:10 AM

937 posts, read 2,888,503 times
I was from the Jackson area of Ocean County. We loved the area also.
We would go down to Point Pleasant Beach and sit and relax after dinner.
It is a wonderful location. We have friends in Beechwood, NJ which isn't far from Jackson either. We used to shoot alot of weddings in Toms River also.
It has gotten crowded there now, but we still consider it home. New Jersey is a great state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey