Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 07:39 AM

5,234 posts, read 7,988,688 times

Advertisements

As CD's principle function is a relocation forum one has to expect people to ask naive or even seemingly stupid questions over and over again. That doesn't mean you are obligated to read further or answer their questions, just move on. Maybe you need a break from the forum for awhile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2013, 07:50 AM

605 posts, read 2,147,917 times
I guess nobody here realizes that people post the same questions and get the same answers. Specific questions about towns are good. The same question looking for some perfect, non existent town drives me nuts.

Old 03-06-2013, 07:52 AM

5,773 posts, read 16,593,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Don't forget diversity!
Diversity,,, fuhgeddaboudit!
I want everyone to look exactly the same, so much that you need a bar code reader to tell who is who.

Old 03-06-2013, 07:58 AM

4,073 posts, read 8,983,050 times
I'm looking for a forum where only new and original thought-provoking posts are made. It should be free of trolls and contain no advertising. But most of all, the forum should not force me to read all the posts that don't interest me or possibly annoy me.

And, oh yeah, it should have diversity.

Old 03-06-2013, 08:07 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,736,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic78 View Post
I guess nobody here realizes that people post the same questions and get the same answers. Specific questions about towns are good. The same question looking for some perfect, non existent town drives me nuts.
But it's not the same people,...people relocating from out of state may not know actual town names... some are new and don't know about the search feature, some do search but want fresher answers. Just because you are a member you are not compelled to actually read or respond to these types of posts, just move on

Old 03-06-2013, 08:19 AM

2,257 posts, read 5,189,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperpile View Post
Plenty of houses in that price range, train station, downtown, great schools, parks, restaurants, 30min to the Holland tunnel.

Cranford has it all!!!

It also has Westfield around the corner
How can one get from Cranford to Holland tunnel in 30 minutes on a weekday during rush hour?!?

On most days when I drive, it takes me good 30 minutes to drive about 3 miles from the beginning of Pulaski to Holland tunnel.

Old 03-06-2013, 08:55 AM

173 posts, read 657,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davenj08 View Post
How can one get from Cranford to Holland tunnel in 30 minutes on a weekday during rush hour?!?

On most days when I drive, it takes me good 30 minutes to drive about 3 miles from the beginning of Pulaski to Holland tunnel.
Husband leaves at 6am every morning. He works at exchange place in JC and is at work in about half an hour.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:04 AM

5,773 posts, read 16,593,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davenj08 View Post

Probably not during most rush hours but you reminded me of several Thanksgivings ago, one of my nephews missed a bus so I told my sister "Let's go pick him up", drove over the Skyway, through the Holland and up to 41st, picked the kid up, came back round trip to midtown and back under 45 minutes.

Traffic and congestion do make the difference.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:21 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,711,393 times
Quote:
everyone realizes it. just accept it due to the nature of this forum and dont whine about it.

ill accept that someone feeding a newborn in the middle of the night is going to be a little miserable and chalk this thread up to that. but dont keep pushing the issue.

Old 03-06-2013, 10:27 AM

173 posts, read 657,682 times
Quote:
I guess nobody here realizes that people post the same questions and get the same answers.
That's the nature of things! Some are bothered by the same questions, some are bothered by the same answers. Anyway, why be bothered at all? The key to this forum is to provide honest, detailed, and insightful answers. Most people who are moving have little clue what they want, so most of the time their first questions will be very general and quite vague.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey