Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 02:13 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownstoneNY View Post
What, you need a car to fix your penis size issues?
haha, so simply car ownership is something that makes you jealous?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2013, 02:21 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,525,678 times
Car culture wins. I couldn't imagine living in a place like Hoboken without a car. I had one when I lived there and it was nice to get out of town on the weekends.

Old 03-26-2013, 11:05 AM

4 posts, read 5,246 times
There are a ton of apartments "uptown" that offer parking in the buildings. Many of the condos have units available for rent however you'll have to use a broker and pay a fee. In my opinion it's worth it if you know you'll be there for a few years. The big rental buildings are likely to increase rent every month where as a owner may not (or at least not at the same rate). I'm in the city in 15-20 via the bus on 9th and Clinton.

Old 03-27-2013, 07:42 AM

12,546 posts, read 21,406,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dckoo5 View Post
I asked the attendant in the municipal garage on Hudson/2nd and he said they have limited monthly passes which means I am forbidden from using the garage from 10am to 4 pm on weekdays. It is discounted at $140 and requires a lease with hoboken address, and photo ID. He said there was not a waiting list..I'm hoping what he said is credible because I could not find any verification of this online.

I would like easy access in/out of NYC. I understand there are some nice apartment complexes in the northwest side (like upper grand) but that is not walkable and I'm sure their shuttles only run in peak times.
I'd contact the Hoboken Parking Authority to make sure. I know when I lived in Hoboken, the muni garages had a 6 month waiting list, and the town has more people now than the few years ago when I lived there.

As for living up near Upper Grand...remember, the PATH isn't the only transportation in town, so don't let the realtors get you stuck on looking only near the PATH. You have the 126 bus that runs up Clinton and down Willow. You have the Ferry. You have the Light Rail (2nd street and 9th street stations). I lived on 10th and Clinton for a year and walked to the PATH every morning for work. But I should have been taking the bus (not sure why I didn't at the time, just never thought of it probably).

I also loved living in Hoboken without a car. i'd rent one when i needed to travel to a client, but not stressing over parking, not having the payment and insurance, it was wonderful. when my wife moved to town and in with me, we needed a car for her commute. we moved to a building with a garage because parking on the street is horrendous (driving around for 45 minutes looking is not uncommon after 5pm, and very common after 6:30pm).

My experience and a few friends' experiences with Applied management was horrendous. i believe they own Archstone (and many others).

Old 03-27-2013, 07:44 AM

208 posts, read 468,656 times
You also have the HOP which is a small bus that travels around Hoboken. I've never used it but have seen it around. Maybe a $1 to ride it? Middle of town is great - far enough away from the bars and near parks, also near the A&P, shoprite, etc.

Old 03-27-2013, 05:59 PM

5 posts, read 15,352 times
Archstone is owned by Equity Residential. Applied Co owns Hudson Square South/North which is another building we were checking out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
I'd contact the Hoboken Parking Authority to make sure. I know when I lived in Hoboken, the muni garages had a 6 month waiting list, and the town has more people now than the few years ago when I lived there.

As for living up near Upper Grand...remember, the PATH isn't the only transportation in town, so don't let the realtors get you stuck on looking only near the PATH. You have the 126 bus that runs up Clinton and down Willow. You have the Ferry. You have the Light Rail (2nd street and 9th street stations). I lived on 10th and Clinton for a year and walked to the PATH every morning for work. But I should have been taking the bus (not sure why I didn't at the time, just never thought of it probably).

I also loved living in Hoboken without a car. i'd rent one when i needed to travel to a client, but not stressing over parking, not having the payment and insurance, it was wonderful. when my wife moved to town and in with me, we needed a car for her commute. we moved to a building with a garage because parking on the street is horrendous (driving around for 45 minutes looking is not uncommon after 5pm, and very common after 6:30pm).

My experience and a few friends' experiences with Applied management was horrendous. i believe they own Archstone (and many others).

Old 03-28-2013, 01:17 PM

1 posts, read 1,296 times
I live on Washington and it is a wonderful area. You should consider it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey