Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2013, 12:59 PM

7 posts, read 11,442 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

I have seen various members give great feedback about specif locations and I'm wondering if anyone might offer opinions on a particular block we are considering in Madison Boro.

We are a family of 5 with three children under the age of 4. The husband works nearby and I am a stay at home mom.

Can anyone offer any info about purchasing a home on Rachael Avenue? According to the listing, the home section is "The Hill" and the zoned elemenray school is Torey J.

We are from out of state so any info provided is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Enza

https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-...ed=0CC8Q8gEwAA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2013, 01:50 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,705,526 times
You can't go wrong in Madson, period.

Old 06-15-2013, 03:45 PM

385 posts, read 1,175,834 times
all of madison is fine. that area is by the chatham township border, so your close to shoprite supermarket, and charlie browns restaurant and other stores. plus, you are very close to loantaka brook reservation if you like outdoors. you are a 25 minute walk to downtown madison and 25 minutes to the station.

Old 06-15-2013, 05:37 PM

2,734 posts, read 4,150,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
You can't go wrong in Madson, period.
Exactly what I was going to say. It is a wonderful town, especially for families. Excellent schools, two universities, and an adorable downtown.

Old 06-17-2013, 11:54 AM

1,450 posts, read 3,454,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnzaEnza View Post
Hello all,

I have seen various members give great feedback about specif locations and I'm wondering if anyone might offer opinions on a particular block we are considering in Madison Boro.

We are a family of 5 with three children under the age of 4. The husband works nearby and I am a stay at home mom.

Can anyone offer any info about purchasing a home on Rachael Avenue? According to the listing, the home section is "The Hill" and the zoned elemenray school is Torey J.

We are from out of state so any info provided is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Enza

https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-...ed=0CC8Q8gEwAA

As other posters have mentioned, the area is nice - pretty wooded, and quiet. On one end of Rachel Ave the homes back to the golf course, so you may find a stray golf ball in your yard occasionally. Another plus to the location is that you'll not only be close to the ShopRite shopping center, but also one of the best nurseries around, The Farm at Green Villiage, The Farm at Green Village | About the only "downside" I can think of is that you are not really walking distance to downtown and the train station, as you'll be about 1.5 miles from the train station.

HTH
KoalaNJ

Old 06-19-2013, 07:30 AM

7 posts, read 11,442 times
Thanks so much for the insight. We put an offer on the house but it went above ask, which we couldn't compete with. Ugh, the search continues!

Old 06-19-2013, 06:45 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,705,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnzaEnza View Post
Thanks so much for the insight. We put an offer on the house but it went above ask, which we couldn't compete with. Ugh, the search continues!
Hate to say it, but it sounds like the demand caught up to inventory and it's now a sellers market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey