Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 09:44 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
Nevermind the bridge stuff. He's not right-wing enough to win over the wahoos down south. Jeez, they think Jeb Bush is toast because he said immigrants come here for better lives. When did that become un-American?
im not really sure why you feel the need to lie. what makes you so comfortable with lying? is it just regards to political stuff or are you generally so comfortable lying?

everyone knows that illegal immigrants come to America for a better life and nobody is going to vote against someone for acknowledging it. however, if people perceive (rightly or wrongly) that the politician is for some form of amnesty; that is the problem that impacts votes.

It confuses me when someone like yourself that clearly knows what I just said above to be true would make a false statement for no real reason. what do you gain by lying about that? just makes you mentally feel better to falsely put people into a certain "group" that you want to put them in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2014, 05:57 AM

3,984 posts, read 7,076,477 times
Who said Gov Creosote's budget shenanigans would put his predecessors to shame? Oh right. I did.

Gov. Chris Christie said Tuesday he is open to delaying or reducing key payments meant to shore up New Jersey’s troubled pension system for public workers.

Those words once were unthinkable coming from the Republican governor, whose work with state Democrats to overhaul the pension system — currently $52 billion in debt — is considered one of his biggest accomplishments in Trenton.

But at a Statehouse news conference Tuesday, Christie described the $807 million budget gap in somber terms and said it is likely to force a series of deep cuts, to be announced in the coming weeks.

Nothing is off the table as he designs those cuts, Christie said, not even the pension payments he and Democrats agreed to in the overhaul.

"I’m going to use every tool at my disposal to get a balanced budget," Christie said. "I don’t have an option. So no, there’s nothing off the table, because it would be irresponsible ... with 60 days left in the fiscal year to say that anything is off the table.

"Obviously, we’ll prioritize things as we normally do and the pension payment is certainly a high priority of this administration."

The Republican governor also said he may have to scale back the size of the $34.4 billion budget he has proposed for the coming fiscal year.

Old 04-30-2014, 06:06 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,626,350 times
Default Christie described the $807 million budget gap

And he proposed tax cuts with this budget gap. Wasn't he push, push, push to give some tax cuts before his election and saying we had a surplus in an attempt to persuade voters that he was for them. Have to say he wins the gold medal for being a big bs artist.

Old 04-30-2014, 06:19 AM

3,984 posts, read 7,076,477 times
The problem with not funding the pension is the risk to NJ's credit rating. Maybe, just maybe, our poor millionaires like Mary Pat have to dig a little deeper.

Old 04-13-2015, 11:41 AM

23,559 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Jan 14 2014, Menendez investigation is current. This is the latest Menendez scandal.
Odd how few people seem to know which scandal is currently being investigated as they all run into each other and get confused with past scandals involving the trial lawyer darling and lynchpin to ensure a dem dominated senate

"The Department of Justice is investigating Menendez's efforts on behalf of two fugitive bankers from Ecuador, multiple current and former U.S. officials tell NBC 4 New York. The probe into Menendez’s dealing with the bankers comes as federal authorities are also investigating his relationship to a big campaign donor from Florida."

N.J. Sen. Robert Menendez under FBI investigation - Philadelphia Business Journal

2nd article
Robert Menendez Under FBI Investigation For Ties To Fugitive Businessmen: Report

"The Menendez prostitute scandal may be less consequential, and, unlike the Secret Service officers, the senator may have traveled to the Dominican Republic on his own time and money. Regardless, the investigation itself will likely cost taxpayers."

2006 "Look at Menendez. He got elected to the senate right in the middle of a federal corruption investigation"

"Dr. Vincente Ruiz, meanwhile, was at one time a full-time doctor on staff with the North Bergen Community action Corporation, NHCAC, the community action nonprofit which had already been the subject of, as we have noted, a still-raging ethics and possibly criminal scandal involving Menendez having personally rented a building to the NHCAC for almost a decade, while assisting the organization in obtaining federal funds as a Congressman. According to a 990 nonprofit tax filing for the group, Ruiz had earned over $125,000.00 as a staff physician at NHCAC. The Star-Ledger, a widely circulating and influential paper in the State, reported in their story today that"

So where is all the discussion regarding Menendez?

Did CC suck all the oxygen out of the room from bridgegate?

Nothing left?

Or have we gotten religion post bridgegate and don't abuse pols in the media under DOJ investigation, or in this case, charged? Oh, maybe because Mendez has D after his name?

The doj head, eric holder,Menendez once had such high hopes for, suddenly awakened by Menendez's vociferous protestation of Cuba and Iran bring latent charges pending for years. Are the dems eating their own? Surely some journalist or media inv reporter can find some aspect of this great coincidence to ponder and write about.

I know the charges don't come anywhere close to the closure of two lanes in Nj where lane closures are a daily event, but crimeny, is the media and NJ CD out to lunch?

Old 04-13-2015, 03:49 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,626,350 times
Default So where is all the discussion regarding Menendez?

Start a thread and we'll post. I'll give a preview of what i'll post.
Menendez another lying scumbag thief politician. I don't post because one's on either side. Menedez would be re-elected if he ran tomorrow, so would that scumbag Christie.

Old 04-13-2015, 05:28 PM

2,535 posts, read 6,667,644 times
And the entire outerbridge was closed today for over an hour so 50 people could walk across. Did we here any reports of people dying in ambulances because of the resulting traffic?

Old 10-28-2015, 12:57 PM

19,128 posts, read 25,331,967 times
And now, CC is about to be shot down by the NJ Air National Guard, because he escaped from his handlers.
Don't shoot, guys!

On a positive note, I have to admit that this is one of the more flattering pictures that has been taken of him recently.

blimp on the loose over the skies of Pennsylvania | Examiner.com

Because our esteemed governor is held in such high regard by everyone in NJ, and because he has such a good sense of humor, I know that he will take this as just a bit of light-hearted jest.

Last edited by Retriever; 10-28-2015 at 01:07 PM..

Old 10-28-2015, 01:01 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,979,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
And now, CC is about to be shot down by the NJ Air National Guard, because he escaped from his handlers.
Don't shoot, guys!
LOL...I heard about this and contemplated starting a thread-nice touch. I am wondering what they hell they're going to do-maybe try to shoot it down once it drifts over a sparsely populated area? Apparently it was headed Northeast from Harrisburg when it was last seen though so things only get more dense from there-maybe they can just steer air traffic around it until it gets out over the ocean, but I would guess that's going to cause a s---storm for Newark, JFK, and LaGuardia...

http://abcnews.go.com/US/military-bl...ry?id=34799147

Old 10-28-2015, 01:20 PM

23,559 posts, read 17,227,205 times
First it was air force one that got out of the barn and flew low over NYC without obama knowing, then fast and furious and then the IRS, the VA and now his blimp.

We need CC to take control and lead the nation.

Of course 2nd grade, back of the bus humor, mocking someone's physical attributes still continues into adulthood for some, despite anti bullying efforts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey