Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 10:17 PM

1,675 posts, read 2,794,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
department of health. they were going to mandate it a few years ago and then they decided not to. that was when they tried to push the h1n1 lie and almost succeeded. then of course, anyone paying attention would see that the h1n1 was a big lie in order to push the vaccine. this year, i guess the vaccine companies pushed them again and they went forward with it. when it comes to this mandate, i can see first hand that they are pushing something that wasnt needed.

i recently found out about the daughter thing. i didnt research it, but its being presented by the school as if its some kind of nj government mandate.
H1N1 Flu a lie? My friend's child died from it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2013, 01:13 AM

32,961 posts, read 36,439,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snuffybear View Post
It was made out to be the second coming of the 1918 flu pandemic. It just didn't happen. I didn't even get a cold that year.

It is terribly sad that your friend's child died from complications of flu. Like many other illnesses, it takes the children and elderly first. I can barely contemplate the loss of a child - even though I have lost ten family members in the last ten years.

Old 12-31-2013, 08:18 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,749,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snuffybear View Post
your friend's situation sounds very horrible but the reality was that they were hyping up h1n1 to be the next bubonic plague and it didnt come anywhere close to an outbreak.

i just did a quick google search to find a relevant artcile and got this:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/05/03/swine.flu.react/

read below, according to the article there were 26 deaths and 25 of them actually came from the vaccine and not the h1n1.

"By Monday, 985 cases of the virus, known as influenza A (H1N1), had been confirmed in 20 countries, the World Health Organization said. The number of fatalities was at 26, including one in the United States.

Twenty-five people died from the inoculation while one person was killed by the flu, Paul said, adding that he voted against inoculation."

Old 12-31-2013, 08:20 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,831,044 times
got flu shot 2 months ago, now recovering from a cold, lasted 3 days, much better today.

Old 12-31-2013, 09:50 AM

4,073 posts, read 8,989,039 times
Quote:
your friend's situation sounds very horrible but the reality was that they were hyping up h1n1 to be the next bubonic plague and it didnt come anywhere close to an outbreak.

i just did a quick google search to find a relevant artcile and got this:

Hysteria over swine flu is the real danger, some say - CNN.com

read below, according to the article there were 26 deaths and 25 of them actually came from the vaccine and not the h1n1.

"By Monday, 985 cases of the virus, known as influenza A (H1N1), had been confirmed in 20 countries, the World Health Organization said. The number of fatalities was at 26, including one in the United States.

Twenty-five people died from the inoculation while one person was killed by the flu, Paul said, adding that he voted against inoculation."
You conveniently leave out the part of the article that said it was in 1976 when those that died from the innoculation. The vaccine did have live virus back then and risks were more real. Simply not the same today.

Old 12-31-2013, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFull View Post
You conveniently leave out the part of the article that said it was in 1976 when those that died from the innoculation. The vaccine did have live virus back then and risks were more real. Simply not the same today.
haha, actually I quickly looked at the article and only read up to that point basically. so I guess I got caught not thoroughly looking over what I posted. ill have to look again because im having a hard time believing that they put that 25 of 26 info up there and it related to 1976. I thought they were talking about the current season.

Old 01-07-2014, 01:15 PM

19,147 posts, read 25,375,451 times
Quote:
why would you get a vaccine to save your from an illness that isnt that big of a deal? especially when a lot of times the vaccine itself makes you sick. if you are going to put poison into your body, it should be to avoid something more significant than the flu.
Not that big a deal?
Really?

3 more die of H1N1 flu in Michigan, with a dozen others on life support | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

Old 01-07-2014, 01:20 PM

50,412 posts, read 47,155,129 times
Everyone out here is sick too. I haven't been sick in years and never get a flu shot. It was only bad for one day but lingers for a week.

Old 01-07-2014, 01:20 PM

that article proves that its a big deal? its definitely a big deal to some people, but that article doesn't demonstrate that its a big deal across the country.

Old 01-07-2014, 06:56 PM

1,675 posts, read 2,794,200 times
In spring 2009, >50% of our elementary school got H1N1 and it was officially called a "cluster". My kids didn't catch it that time (it was mostly in different grades), however, they got it in the fall when the virus was circulating again. My son was in the PICU for a week on huge amounts of medications to save his life from H1N1 flu (thank you Goyreb Childrens Hospital at MMH). My friend's 5yo child died. A pregnant woman died at MMH when we were there. By the way, the deaths are often classified as pneumonia or cardiac arrest (which are flu complications), not as Flu because the official cause of death is the complication. Btw, the thing about H1N1 Flu is that 30% of the deaths were in previously healthy individuals.

Article says most of the cases in Michigan are age 20-40, previously healthy persons. There is a vaccine for H1N1 this time -- in 2009 there was not. Hospitals only have a certain number of ventilators and ECMO - heart/lung bypass machine (serious life saving equipment)...and it is a small number. In 2009, the hospital was also full, with patients in hallways. I'd really want to avoid that.

Last edited by snuffybear; 01-07-2014 at 07:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey