Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2014, 10:46 AM

2 posts, read 3,090 times

Advertisements

I just moved to Mansfield from NYC and would like to know where is it the best place to find people to do work around the house. I need

yard to be cleared
lawn to mowed
minor electrical work
power wash to deck and vinyal siding

best place to buy furniture and light fixtures. Any help will be greatly appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2014, 11:09 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,937,206 times
I sent you a private message.

Old 04-03-2014, 08:19 PM

239 posts, read 413,880 times
Wow...I can do all of that in, hmmn, two hours flat if I owned a home.

Unbelievable.

Darlin' go to the store and shop for furniture and furnishings.

Last edited by Sagafrika; 04-03-2014 at 08:36 PM..

Old 04-04-2014, 06:34 AM

1,843 posts, read 3,059,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagafrika View Post
I believe the op was asking for where to shop for furniture & furnishings.

Home depot can be good for light fixtures. For furniture, there used to be Hackettstown Trading Post, I don't know if they are there anymore. You may need to go to Phillipsburg or Ledgewood.

Old 04-04-2014, 06:44 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,937,206 times
Hackettstown Trading Post is still there, although I wouldn't recommend them. So yes, P'burg, Ledgewood and beyond for furniture. For light fixtures, in addition to Lowes and HD, there is Licon Lighting in Mansfield on Route 57.

Old 04-04-2014, 08:04 AM

400 posts, read 793,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagafrika View Post
Wow...I can do all of that in, hmmn, two hours flat if I owned a home.

Unbelievable.

Depends on how big the yard and deck are. My husband used to do this work years ago. It would take him HOURS just to power wash a patio because he did it so meticulously. And why spend your Saturday doing it if you can afford to hire someone else? Making the economy go round...

And as PP said, OP is asking WHERE he can go to shop for furniture.

Me, I'm a stickler for IKEA. That's especially good if you're going for affordability. I'm not how sure you away you are from the one in Paramus, but it's worth the trip if you like the style and prices. If you have more to spend, I recommend Home Depot (another place I love)/Home Decorator's Collection. I'm not sure if that is an actual chain, but I know it from my local Home Depot in Vauxhall. It depends on budget and style, really. And if you want something more local. I live in Essex County, so I can't vouch for what they have up there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey