Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2014, 08:42 PM

8 posts, read 15,408 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I am thinking of buying a 2 family home in Carlstadt,NJ, I am noticing the prices for 2 family homes in carlstadt,NJ are like over 500K to 600K. I came to find out through google map satellite view and driving around that in carlstadt behind and below the hill(Industrial road) which runs parallel to the garden st, there is a jet fuel filling station here is more info and address(Safe, Secure Petroleum Transport Services | Prospect Transportation).

My few concerns are as follow:

Due to the Jet fuel Isnt that very dangerous , with a jet fuel filling station next to garden st?

and How does it impact the value of the houses?

Has there been any accident and contamination due to the Jet fuel station owned by (prospect-trans).

Is it even worth it?

Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2014, 09:04 PM

9,317 posts, read 21,004,968 times
The address listed is a Home, or Home "Office" Garden / Industrial roads There would be no takers being filled there. (A quick look on Google Earth show that. There are no tanker filling anywhere near there.
Up the road @ 583 Industrial Road is a maintenance garage , and parking lot for tankers (Empty i'm sure), Again you can see that from google Earth.

Old 05-03-2014, 10:13 PM

8 posts, read 15,408 times
I hope the tanks are empty too.. Do you think they are just parkign there? How can you tell that they are not filling up the tanker with Jet fuel over there?
Does that have negative impact on resale value of the house? Does that reduce teh home value?

Last edited by km9191; 05-03-2014 at 10:43 PM..

Old 05-04-2014, 08:50 AM

9,317 posts, read 21,004,968 times
The Tankers parked in the Yard, will Not be "Full" They may have some Products left in them, But not much.

There are no Fueling Racks, or Storage Tanks near by. Tanker are NOT filled up off the pipelines. (If they even runs thru there.) Generally Speaking Most of the tankers moving thru there maintenance yard will be hauling gasoline, diesel , or Home Heating Oil. JetA/K1 is not a huge product that is moved by truck. Most big Airports (EWR) have a spur pipeline that fuels the Storage Tanks Directly. The Other airports will get supplied by Truck.

Yes, having a Industrial operation behind, near will effect resale time,
The effect of that operation is already factored into the value of the houses now. The only way the "Value" would change is if a New/Different operation started behind/near it. Or if something Major happens, like a huge Fire/Explosion would negatively effect the value, But business as usual will not change the "Value" that allready factored into it current price.

This is what a Fuel Loading Rack Looks like:

http://www.trafigura.com/images/6289...uerto-rico.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey