Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 12:39 PM

12,546 posts, read 21,403,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshflakes757 View Post
There is nothing to be wrong about.

"I'm an idiot" isn't in yours.
sure...you were wrong about tax scenarios, but now you're just deflecting it. you're wrong about PATH travel times, and can't even fully read a person's post before you respond to it.

enjoy your car ride.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2014, 12:43 PM

4,073 posts, read 8,980,712 times
Quote:
There is nothing to be wrong about.

"I'm an idiot" isn't in yours.

You made claims about taxes multiple times that were, in fact, WRONG. Thus, you are also an idiot.

Old 06-11-2014, 12:55 PM

121 posts, read 170,612 times
Quote:
Second, why the hell do you care so much about tax codes? Does it really make that much of a difference or do you just have a fetish towards Hoboken?
Previously:
Quote:
And the tax for NJ residents to work in NY is significant. Not to you maybe, but in general it's noticable.
I am not accusing you of anything. I was just intrigued by this comment that you made. May be I am doing something wrong tax wise that I should not be doing. Based on your clarification, may be I will realize that I was thinking about this wrong all along.

And YOU claimed that the tax was noticeable. I am further confused by your subsequent statement that it 'really do not make a difference.'

So once again, would you PLEASE explain what exactly you meant there, because I am having some trouble understanding it. To simplify things for me, I have provided a scenario below. Given that you have lived in Hoboken and commuted to NYC and seem to know about this, I would really appreciate your response.

If a someone is working in NYC making 100k a year, NY tax 6%, NJ tax 6%, NYC tax 3%, what would the total tax burden be i) as a NJ resident ii) as a NYC resident

Thanks.

Old 06-11-2014, 01:01 PM

Quote:
If I'm paying $1200 a month in Hoboken VS. $600 in Bushwick, guess what I'm going to pick? Not to mention the surrounding area in BKLYN is going to be cheaper dollar for dollar than HOB.
OP has a family and wants a baby friendly place and is thinking of Hoboken. Why would you recommend a crime ridden ghetto to her? If that is what she wanted, why would she not move to Newark and pay even less?

Old 06-11-2014, 01:05 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,525,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicobellic View Post
Previously:

I am not accusing you of anything. I was just intrigued by this comment that you made. May be I am doing something wrong tax wise that I should not be doing. Based on your clarification, may be I will realize that I was thinking about this wrong all along.

And YOU claimed that the tax was noticeable. I am further confused by your subsequent statement that it 'really do not make a difference.'

So once again, would you PLEASE explain what exactly you meant there, because I am having some trouble understanding it. To simplify things for me, I have provided a scenario below. Given that you have lived in Hoboken and commuted to NYC and seem to know about this, I would really appreciate your response.

If a someone is working in NYC making 100k a year, NY tax 6%, NJ tax 6%, NYC tax 3%, what would the total tax burden be i) as a NJ resident ii) as a NYC resident

Thanks.
BradyKP, you are just a Jersey apologist. Everything is perfect, nothing should be criticized. Most would think otherwise. Prove to me that ridership is down at 1am on the weekends. I'd love to see your stats because you are dead wrong. Enjoy living with your head under a rock.

Halffull, you just sit at home and follow my posts just to be a contrarian. I'm glad I can excite you in your constant struggle of boredom. But for all intents and purposes, you are a still a f-ing idiot.

My point is if your rent is SIGNIFICANTLY lower outside Hoboken, I would think it would be cheaper to live there than paying through the nose in Hoboken itself. I would think that the math you present could completely depend on the individual itself (ever hear of loopholes?) It's not as cut and dry as you think. I used Bushwick as an example, because a lot of young people are moving there to avoid paying such high rents that Hoboken has capitalized on. The same story goes throughout the metropolitan area.

And calling "Bushwick" a crime ridden ghetto? Are you for real? That's like saying Hoboken will give a baby cancer because of the former factories that resided there. Then what in the hell do you call Jersey City?

Old 06-11-2014, 01:12 PM

Quote:
And calling "Bushwick" a crime ridden ghetto? Are you for real? That's like saying Hoboken will give a baby cancer because of the former factories that resided there. Then what in the hell do you call Jersey City?

I promise I will explain that along with all the requisite stats as soon as you explain the following statement that I am still having trouble understanding.

Quote:
And the tax for NJ residents to work in NY is significant. Not to you maybe, but in general it's noticable.

Old 06-11-2014, 01:13 PM

Quote:
I promise I will explain that along with all the requisite stats as soon as you explain the following statement that I am still having trouble understanding.
I'm not doing your bull**** math, nerd. What makes Bushwick such a ghetto?

Old 06-11-2014, 01:15 PM

Quote:
I'm not doing your bull**** math, nerd. What makes Bushwick such a ghetto?
Wow. Is explaining your own statement really that complicated?

Quote:

Old 06-11-2014, 01:21 PM

4,073 posts, read 8,980,712 times
Quote:
Wow. Is explaining your own statement really that complicated?

He's deep in the hole.... and just keeps digging.

And he repeats his pattern... as soon as he's shown to we wrong, he jumps to the personal attacks. Sad.

Old 06-11-2014, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFull View Post
He's deep in the hole.... and just keeps digging.

And he repeats his pattern... as soon as he's shown to we wrong, he jumps to the personal attacks. Sad.
Oh cool -- a beat down by a troller and a new user! Whoa!

And what about your role in this conversation? Oh that's right, you are a troll who jumped on because he's bored.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey