Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 08:41 PM

1,507 posts, read 5,909,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannybannany View Post
I hate to be the creep on the board but unless "Jennyonthemove" is the spokesperson for shorevacations.com, this "post" was plagiarized.

I mean....yes, it was a great find but give credit where it is due and "own up" if you didn't actually write it....just sayin'

Jersey Shore Vacation Rentals - Jersey Shore vacations, houses or apartments to rent near the beach, summer rentals

I am a teacher. It is my "job" to see if students actually "write" their own papers or "borrow" from the Internet.

Shanny

wow. I'm shocked. I wonder if the OP did that intentionally or just didn't think. Either way - Good catch Shanny !! Points 4 u.

Old 10-12-2009, 01:56 PM

6 posts, read 14,387 times
Well it's highly likely that it is her since it is authored by "Jennifer".

Old 10-15-2009, 08:11 AM

48 posts, read 139,568 times
Jersey's good if you're a happy clam. So many clams still commute to the city to work though because Jersey is mostly about "suburban sprawl". The last thing I want to be is a day tripper with the personality of a wet rag. The jersey shore is just adolescent mindlessness. Bruce Springsteen doesn't qualify as a guitar player. Any real player just laughs at lame duck Bruce Springsteen stuff. That's the best you can do NJ--- Bruce Springsteen and "The Four Seasons". NJ is all about one thing---long commutes. This "levittown" life style is such artificial BS, driving everywhere (even to the food store). That's it NJ use the terrorist's commodity every time you drive that metal box around, while I can walk or take the subway to shop rite. New Jersey is so dependent on that metal box it's almost like you're a wolf going out to look for food. For its population base, NJ has a pathetic infrastructure. Aren't you tired of sitting on the GSP? What I don't get is how some spend so much money to live in these little hamlets like Deal etc. You still freeze your ass of in the winter and if you have that much extra cash then why not just move where you can chase that white ball around all year round (without snowgloves). Face it south of the Driscall bridge, there is little employment to support the population base.

Old 10-16-2009, 01:20 PM

88,618 posts, read 84,875,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfabian View Post
Jersey's good if you're a happy clam. So many clams still commute to the city to work though because Jersey is mostly about "suburban sprawl". The last thing I want to be is a day tripper with the personality of a wet rag. The jersey shore is just adolescent mindlessness. Bruce Springsteen doesn't qualify as a guitar player. Any real player just laughs at lame duck Bruce Springsteen stuff. That's the best you can do NJ--- Bruce Springsteen and "The Four Seasons". NJ is all about one thing---long commutes. This "levittown" life style is such artificial BS, driving everywhere (even to the food store). That's it NJ use the terrorist's commodity every time you drive that metal box around, while I can walk or take the subway to shop rite. New Jersey is so dependent on that metal box it's almost like you're a wolf going out to look for food. For its population base, NJ has a pathetic infrastructure. Aren't you tired of sitting on the GSP? What I don't get is how some spend so much money to live in these little hamlets like Deal etc. You still freeze your ass of in the winter and if you have that much extra cash then why not just move where you can chase that white ball around all year round (without snowgloves). Face it south of the Driscall bridge, there is little employment to support the population base.
So what are you trying to say? You wouldn't want to live in Jersey?

Old 10-16-2009, 11:54 PM

2 posts, read 3,014 times
Default New Jersey

Hi just wondering if you know any thing about the headache and facial pain clinic in new jersey?

Old 10-17-2009, 05:34 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,791,647 times
Quote:
Jersey's good if you're a happy clam. So many clams still commute to the city to work though because Jersey is mostly about "suburban sprawl". The last thing I want to be is a day tripper with the personality of a wet rag. The jersey shore is just adolescent mindlessness.
This would explain why the likes of you chooses to have a house near the Jersey Shore.

Quote:
Bruce Springsteen doesn't qualify as a guitar player. Any real player just laughs at lame duck Bruce Springsteen stuff. That's the best you can do NJ--- Bruce Springsteen and "The Four Seasons".
Speaking of adolescent mindlessness...your "Bruce sux" method of attacking NJ is pretty adolescent and mindless. What does Bruce Springsteen have to do with anything, really???

Quote:
NJ is all about one thing---long commutes. This "levittown" life style is such artificial BS, driving everywhere (even to the food store).
So you're saying my 10-15 minute commute is "long"??? Do you have some sort of Star Trek "beam-me-up" mode of transportation in Crooklyn?? By the way, Levittown is not in NJ, it's on Long Island, like Brooklyn is. Why don't you save up and buy yourself a clue?

Quote:
That's it NJ use the terrorist's commodity every time you drive that metal box around, while I can walk or take the subway to shop rite. New Jersey is so dependent on that metal box it's almost like you're a wolf going out to look for food.
Do you use the terrorist's commodity to drive a metal box to your house in Barnegat? Does Brooklyn use terrorists' commodity for their metal boxes (even the ones driven and owned by someone else)??? Is it only OK for you to use terrorist's commodity, is that how it works?

When it comes to dependence, in NJ you can grow your own food. It's the Garden State. In Crooklyn, you rely on other people to bring you food, driving it in metal boxes to your local overpriced bodega, half-rotten and overpriced, unless you go out to one of the weekly "farmer's markets", like pigs to the feedbox at feeding time rather than like human beings.

Quote:
For its population base, NJ has a pathetic infrastructure. Aren't you tired of sitting on the GSP? What I don't get is how some spend so much money to live in these little hamlets like Deal etc. You still freeze your ass of in the winter and if you have that much extra cash then why not just move where you can chase that white ball around all year round (without snowgloves). Face it south of the Driscall bridge, there is little employment to support the population base.
NJ's infrastructure is in much better shape thank Crooklyn's rat-infested, crumbling infrastructure, so you aren't one to talk.

Old 11-05-2009, 10:11 AM

63 posts, read 125,476 times
I love all those things about NJ too. I just don't know it's worth paying up th nose for it. LOL nice tribute though.

Old 11-05-2009, 10:13 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,762,921 times
Shhhhhh!!!

Old 11-17-2009, 07:24 AM

Remember, NJ's state song is a bruce springsteen jingle. Can't NJ do better than that? I came down the shore because it was a cheap place to exist (that what NJ is: just an existence). Who wants to be a pine-y permanently?. North Jersey is cancer alley and South Jersey is a big nothing-just a pigmy pine forest. I know mindless creatures who have deluded themselves in thinking that when they moved down the shore, they moved to a different climate. It snows down the shore just like the rest of the north east. A/C is the epitome of mindlessness- gambling vice built around a city that looks like a third world african slum.

Face it alot of NJ residents don't have the foresight or the cocktail onions to explore other places Like they just fell off a cabbage truck they stay. What's bizarre is why all these leisure village senior communities have sprung up all over the shore. It's still cold in the winter and who wants to be in a cold climate (living on a slab) all year round when you get older? I lived in many areas of Jersey so I have the right to evaluate it as a life style. Union, Hudson, Middlesex, Ocean counties etc. they're all played out. NJ sucks the blood out of you by incorporating the school tax in your RE taxes. Screw that, why are public school employees so immune and buffered from economy? It's a scam and as a NJ homeowner you have no choice. In NY school taxes are not part of the RE taxes and RE taxes in the five boroughs are extremely low. Can NJ compete with a Stuyvesant High? So what are you really getting for your school tax dollars in NJ? Alot of nothing, just wasting gas, time and feeling like an out of it daytripper parasitely feeding off the NYC economy.

Old 11-17-2009, 08:25 AM

It sounds like your not in Fla. now but given a choice I'd opt to transition back to Fla. It's such a pretty place to be and you have family there (sunshine all year round also is great) NJ is a big nothing. Being close to Philadephia is nothing to feel good about. Philadelphia is just a slum. If you really like the northeast then why not just move directly to NYC or one of its boroughs. Most NJ residents become day trippers commuting to NYC anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerdo View Post
I was born in NY, grew up in Florida, and now have lived in San Francisco for 6+ years. I had the pleasure of visiting NJ several times this past year and can't seem to get the moving bug out of my system. I love the idea of having NYC and Phili a stone's throw away. I love that the mountains are up NW and the beach is plentiful. The diversity of culture and land is magical to me.

My family is mostly in Florida, but I do have family in Staten Island. Although I don't have family in NJ, they would be much closer than California. San Fran is a place for transplants and is not so family focused. Do you all think it would be horribly difficult for a late 20's gal to transition into NJ hardly knowing anyone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey