Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 12:24 PM

9 posts, read 13,450 times

Advertisements

Is it? On TV all I see are guidos, and rude people. Is this just a stereotype or is NJ really like that? I live near NJ but have only driven through on the way to other states and never spent any real time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2014, 12:26 PM

2,731 posts, read 6,118,108 times
Yes, it's terrible. No one else should move here, ever. Who do we talk to about getting the gates closed??

Old 09-22-2014, 12:38 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,327,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makinitbig75 View Post
Is it? On TV all I see are guidos, and rude people.
Given sufficient time, the media will become less fascinated with Chris Christie, and...voila...you will see much less rude behavior.

Old 09-22-2014, 12:42 PM

4,073 posts, read 8,979,830 times
Quote:
Is it? On TV all I see are guidos, and rude people. Is this just a stereotype or is NJ really like that? I live near NJ but have only driven through on the way to other states and never spent any real time.
You should watch less TV and get out of the house.

(Sorry, did that perpetuate the rude stereotype?)

Old 09-22-2014, 12:48 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,827,454 times
3 posts and you are starting to insult NJ people? Talking about lack of Knowledge.

Old 09-22-2014, 01:50 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,978,149 times
Quote:
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOohhhhhhh! Not for nuthin paisan but youse just disrespected Joisey. I oughtta belt you one in da mouth but first I gotta hit da gym den I'm meetin Vinny over at da pizza place. Marone!

Old 09-22-2014, 06:15 PM

191 posts, read 394,163 times
Hahaha those other posts were leaving me laughing.Just to answer your question,no , most people in nj act as normal as people anywhere else in the country.Most of these contrived shows exploit problematic rude groups of people that reside in the state.The people on these shows usually reside in jersey areas close to the nyc, but the the further out into jersey you go you ll mostly find woods and farms and small towns and nice people with no so-called jersey accent lol

Old 09-22-2014, 07:06 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,075,803 times
Most of the trash from Jersey Shore came from New York. Guidos are despised the world over but every region has something similar - white trash, ghetto trash, Asian tuners, rednecks, fake cowboys, etc.

Old 09-22-2014, 08:23 PM

180 posts, read 344,919 times
Quote:

I have NEVER watched that show with Snookie, what was it - Jersey Shore? - because watching people get drunk and act stupid has never been my thing.......

I have seen Jerseylicious, NJ Housewives and now Jersey Belle; I have lived in NJ my WHOLE life and never met anyone like any of these nut jobs. I heard the Jerseylicious people are all from Staten Island. But I have spent time in the area where Gatsby is located (I worked in the next town) and that town in particular is NOTHING at all like the people that work there......

I don't think the whole guido rude thing is even an NJ stereotype - I think its more of a made-up thing. Maybe people that live right next to NYC might be like that, but I don't spend much time on the fringes of NYC, I live in central NJ and I think people here are SUPER friendly. Never met a Guido here. I really like the people I interact with on a daily basis

Old 09-22-2014, 09:39 PM

5,772 posts, read 16,586,846 times
First of all, did you ever think you could ask yourself??? Because for one thing, everyone is from New Jersey. Actually most people don't bother to correct any errant views of NJ because if more people found out what its really like it would get more crowded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey