Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2014, 06:35 PM

1 posts, read 1,264 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I'm looking for a condo in Society Hills I in jersey city. I have 2 children, a dog, and a husband. I'm very picky about the area, I'd like to get to know more about it from people who live there, or people who know people who live there. I'd like to know answers to the following questions:

1.) CRIME- How's the crime inside this gate community. I hear on the news time from time about shootings very near this gated community. Makes the hair on the back of my neck stand knowing this happens regularly near this community. I do hear on the news from time to time of security breaches in the community. I also heard that due to some reason or threat people are advised to lock their cars. Another question, can people just walk in through the gate if they don't have a car? Is it Safe enough to let a 12 year old roam the waterfront alone?

2.) SMELL- Does it smell atrocious after heavy rains? A quick search reveals that most parts of JC smell like sewage after rain. Is this part of those parts?

3.) RATS/ROACHES- A past coworker who rented there had an expensive roach issue in the 1993 town homes. Is it still an issue? Also are there any rats from the nearby water? It's pretty common in Bayonne, so assuming SH has this too.

4.) FEES- The HOA fee is not a lot from what I see on Trulia, but my coworker said not to be fooled. He said Back then there were additional fees to use the pools, courts, etc. He ended up paying a HOA FEE of 450 per month when he used all these facilities (2003).

5.) DEMOGRAPHICS- What's the racial makeup of dwellers in SH? I'm polish. Would I fit in?

6.) CHILDREN- What type of kids are there in SH. Id like my children to play with well behaved children and good influences.

Thank You. If you have any other comments on society hill please mention them.

PS: I'm also considering looking into an ungated community in Edgewater. The only deterrent is cost. Would this be a better buy in you opinions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey