Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 05:44 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,617,324 times

Advertisements

Looking at the intersection of Morris & 14th there are abandoned lots and low income housing projects. Doesn't look like a place I'd ever find myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2017, 06:27 PM

625 posts, read 798,493 times

Old 08-30-2017, 11:35 AM

702 posts, read 541,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
LMAO, I guess the truth hurts. MS13 gang members shooting up the hood and you get upset at me for posting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
How about the multiple carjackings yesterday? I am sure that it wasn't random again and nobody was at risk?

https://www.rlsmedia.com/article/pol...rk-carjackings

LMAO, do you guys crap your pants when you see your shadow?

Old 08-31-2017, 04:44 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,641,491 times
Another carjacking, chase and shooting today.

Carjacking Pursuit Leads To Newark Police-Involved Shooting: Officials

Patch.com · 57 mins ago

Old 08-31-2017, 07:40 PM

625 posts, read 798,493 times
Major developer: Why we're betting big on Newark now | Opinion

Major developer: Why we're betting big on Newark now | Opinion | NJ.com

Old 09-01-2017, 05:43 AM

115 posts, read 146,563 times
Newark, New Jersey among 1 of only 3 Coastal American Cities Where a Working Class Person Can Afford to Support His/Her Family (Ranked #2 in terms of net surplus remaining after living expenses) https://howmuch.net/articles/where-t...afford-to-live

Old 09-01-2017, 11:04 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,748,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsheb View Post
Newark, New Jersey among 1 of only 3 Coastal American Cities Where a Working Class Person Can Afford to Support His/Her Family (Ranked #2 in terms of net surplus remaining after living expenses) https://howmuch.net/articles/where-t...afford-to-live
Fake news. You must be some newark developer paid bot. Newark ain't cheap and it's quite expensive to live these days. It's actually cheaper to live in many parts of Brooklyn and the Bronx than Newark.

Look at this: Cost of living in Newark vs Jersey City. Moderator cut: Link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed
Did You Know?

The overall crime rate in Newark is 25% higher than the national average.

For every 100,000 people, there are 9.81 daily crimes that occur in Newark.

Newark is safer than 21% of the cities in the United States.

In Newark you have a 1 in 28 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.

The number of total year over year crimes in Newark has decreased by 9%.

Last edited by Yac; 09-27-2017 at 06:05 AM..

Old 09-02-2017, 05:41 AM

115 posts, read 146,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Fake news. You must be some newark developer paid bot. Newark ain't cheap and it's quite expensive to live these days. It's actually cheaper to live in many parts of Brooklyn and the Bronx than Newark.

Look at this: Cost of living in Newark vs Jersey City. Moderator cut: Link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed
Did You Know?

The overall crime rate in Newark is 25% higher than the national average.

For every 100,000 people, there are 9.81 daily crimes that occur in Newark.

Newark is safer than 21% of the cities in the United States.

In Newark you have a 1 in 28 chance of becoming a victim of any crime.

The number of total year over year crimes in Newark has decreased by 9%.
LOL! Not a developer... nor a bot.

I was not involved in the analysis of the data that is presented in the article; however, the data is publically available. They analyzed data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics for income levels, the National Bureau of Economic Research for tax data, and the U.S. Department of Agriculture for the cost of food. You can crunch the numbers for yourself and see if you come to the same conclusions.

Last edited by Yac; 09-27-2017 at 06:05 AM..

Old 09-03-2017, 07:22 AM

22 posts, read 16,283 times
Newark is an absolutely horrible place to live. It's filled with crime and murders. You can live outside Newark in much nicer areas for a little bit more. I see no reason to ever go back into Newark. There is nothing good there. I enjoy the nice suburban towns in which the worst crime is vandalism.

Old 09-03-2017, 02:39 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,748,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsheb View Post
LOL! Not a developer... nor a bot.

I was not involved in the analysis of the data that is presented in the article; however, the data is publically available. They analyzed data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics for income levels, the National Bureau of Economic Research for tax data, and the U.S. Department of Agriculture for the cost of food. You can crunch the numbers for yourself and see if you come to the same conclusions.
I pass through Newark every single day and the only thing I see is empty development projects sitting there for over a year. If this was any place in NYC or surrounding towns they would had the projects finished and paid renters moved in all in under a year.

Most of Newark and Harrison surrounding projects are sitting there vacant and most unfinished. If it wasn't for the tax abatement the developers would either have to unload or let the projects go under water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey