Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2015, 02:52 AM

20 posts, read 21,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp501 View Post
I know you said you narrowed it down, but check South Amboy waterfront. South Amboy is an older town with plenty of fun bars, safe area, but the water front is new and absolutely gorgeous. They have pretty amazing townhouses and its right on the bay, great for kayaking or fishing right from the surf. There is also a train station right in town thats 44 mins into NYC. Its 35 mins from sandy hook beach and Scortino's has the best pizza around. They have also been talking about building a super mall right over the GSP bridge and a marina in town. If that all happens Amboy will explode. Just something to look into.
Thanks a lot, I will look into that as well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2015, 02:53 AM

You all have been very helpful, much appreciated

Old 09-17-2015, 01:43 PM

1,252 posts, read 1,729,620 times
red bank. and its not even close.

Old 09-17-2015, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefastlife View Post
red bank. and its not even close.
Yea, going with red bank. Found a nice place in hazlet 20 mins from red bank, also taking into consideration.. Its a little bit nicer but further away.. Have to check out both.

Old 09-17-2015, 05:08 PM

88,669 posts, read 84,974,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel600 View Post
Yea, going with red bank. Found a nice place in hazlet 20 mins from red bank, also taking into consideration.. Its a little bit nicer but further away.. Have to check out both.
I like Hazlet and considered that when I moved down here from northern NJ. I just liked the little condo I found where I am, and I'm about 2 miles from Red Bank.

Old 09-17-2015, 05:09 PM

88,669 posts, read 84,974,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp501 View Post
I know you said you narrowed it down, but check South Amboy waterfront. South Amboy is an older town with plenty of fun bars, safe area, but the water front is new and absolutely gorgeous. They have pretty amazing townhouses and its right on the bay, great for kayaking or fishing right from the surf. There is also a train station right in town thats 44 mins into NYC. Its 35 mins from sandy hook beach and Scortino's has the best pizza around. They have also been talking about building a super mall right over the GSP bridge and a marina in town. If that all happens Amboy will explode. Just something to look into.
I think this is a good possibility. I would check it out if I were looking.

Old 09-18-2015, 10:57 AM

1 posts, read 711 times
I currently live in Red Bank and moved here in Feb 2014 when I was 25. I'm a fan of both New Bruns and Red Bank but New Bruns is larger and you do have to watch yourself in some different parts of the city. Red Bank is obviously much smaller but has a great small city feeling. I found my place on Craigslist and it's an apt in a house. I suggest you do the same since the rent in Red Bank is a little ridiculous. I do love this town though.

Old 09-18-2015, 01:45 PM

901 posts, read 2,250,987 times
Quote:
Hazlet is not Red Bank

Old 09-18-2015, 02:29 PM

589 posts, read 1,349,237 times
I would think Red Bank over New Brunswick. But you might also want to check out Montclair and Jersey City near the PATH, both would offer a similar feel to Red Bank and New Brunswick. Montclair has a lot of old houses that have been converted into multiple unit dwellings, but have really nice architectural touches.

Old 09-18-2015, 02:36 PM

2,731 posts, read 6,124,387 times
Quote:
I live in Hazlet and like it but I'm married in my 40s with a child. Hazlet can wait - move to Red Bank!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey