Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2015, 07:20 PM

1 posts, read 1,444 times

Advertisements

I recently got a job offer from Orangeburg, NY and planning to move Bergen County from Central Jersey. I am married without kids. We are interested in new apartments maximum $1900 monthly rent fee. (with gym and pool would be good)
Do you have suggestions in Bergen county for new apartments to rent ? Cresskill, Closter, Englewood, Fort lee, Norwood... We like quite area, costco and trader joes. My wife also prefer close to korean comunity (not must).
Cresskill seems on the middle to everywhere we like and also convenient to drive Orangeburg, NY

I have to move from my current apartment end of the next month since my lease ended.

Should I consider Rockland County too? Piermont apartments look very nice.

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2015, 12:57 PM

24 posts, read 62,472 times
Surprised you haven't received any answers to this, but I'll bite... You may also want to add to your list Leonia, Cliffside Park, Palisade Park and Bergenfield. It may be harder to find rental units in Cresskill, Closter and Norwood in your price range, especially since those areas seem to be more home centric than not, so fewer available units. Moving to Rockland is not a bad idea either. All of those towns will give you easy access to 9W & PIP, which I am sure you must already be familiar.

Good luck!

Old 10-12-2015, 11:28 PM

38 posts, read 55,410 times
Cliffside Park +1

You'll be living in a super duper tiny town at the very top of a cliff. Spectacular view of the Hudson River and NYC if you get the right spot. One main street runs through the town. Traffic one the main street is kind of always clogged like ****, but you have plenty of alternative drive routes to avoid that. Lived there for a full year and enjoyed every bit of it.

Drive down hill on the east, you have Whole Foods, Mitsuwa, and Trader Joe's within 10 minutes.

15 minutes to the west you'll find a nice H Mart, there's another, larger one on in the north.

Fort Lee in the north is basically a pocket Seoul. Plenty of Korean food options, and most of them are pretty good.

The closest Costco is in Hackensack. Not exactly at your doorstep, but you should be able to make it there within 30 minutes.

In Paramus there are TWO huge shopping malls (Bergen Town Center, Garden State Plaza). Again, about 30 minutes' drive away.

The mayor's family pretty much owns the town. The old man served as the mayor all the way to his death, only to be succeeded by his son. The current mayor's younger brother happens to be the biggest real estate developer in town. You bet they care a lot about property development. I've seen 4 - 5 new apartment buildings being erected in 2014 - 2015. For $2,500 you should be able to find a spacious 2BR/2BD with complimentary parking garage. $1,900 for 1BR is not a problem. There's no apartment with gym or pool that I know of though. Town's too tiny for that...

The major drawback is the local school district. Well if that's not part of your primary concern...

Last edited by chassit; 10-12-2015 at 11:41 PM..

Old 10-21-2015, 10:03 PM

8 posts, read 8,964 times
Fort Lee has lots of apartments for rent.

Old 11-01-2015, 02:00 PM

22 posts, read 31,209 times
Try craigslist and njmls.com to find rentals in your price range. Korean communities are mostly in Palisades Park and Leonia, but they are spreading to Hackensack as well. You'll find cheap rentals in Hackensack, but stick to the Fairmount section or near the border of Maywood.

Old 01-02-2016, 07:16 PM

6 posts, read 4,684 times
Congrats on the new job! Have you moved yet? If yes, how are you enjoying the area? If not, I think a 1,900 budget for a rental is a great budget. We have a lot of rentals in the area, but the do get leased fast. Did you decide on what town yo are interested in?

Old 01-03-2016, 06:11 AM

619 posts, read 575,514 times
I don't know if this fits your needs but I recently moved to fair lawn. There are a number of apartment complexes right near the radburn train station (literally a three minutes walk from my door) and there is a bus stop on the corner. Shopping in general isn't great in fair lawn but it is close to garden state Plaza, Bergen town mall, and others (note :most stores are closed on Sunday). Fair lawn is quiet, some might say boring, but to me that us a huge plus.

Old 01-04-2016, 02:26 PM

2,669 posts, read 2,092,040 times
Fair Lawn is most for families with kids. Not sure what single people would do there, probably die from boredom. But there is one apartment complex that was recently built, called "Fairlawn Promenade" off the 208. There are two apartment buildings with a gym and parking garage. I understand that rent is ridiculously expensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey