Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2016, 03:49 PM

19,128 posts, read 25,336,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ControlJohnsons View Post
+1

path train to downtown manhattan directly to the freedom tower in 10 minutes, it stops on christopher street after, greenwich village, and then near union square 14st and then 33st street. NO!

west side of hoboken, there are beautiful piers and parks, bike paths, and an awesome view of the city. architecture everywhere is mostly pre war and brownstone and new construction towards the west end. Again...NO!

Huh?
The PATH line that runs to the WTC/Freedom Tower is a totally separate line from the one that runs to
Christopher St., 9th Street, 14th Street, 23rd Street, and 33rd Street.

And, I think that you need a new compass. The part of Hoboken with the piers, parks, abundant new construction, and an awesome view of Manhattan is on the EAST side of the town

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2016, 04:08 PM

1,278 posts, read 1,248,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post

Huh?
The PATH line that runs to the WTC/Freedom Tower is a totally separate line from the one that runs to

And, I think that you need a new compass. The part of Hoboken with the piers, parks, abundant new construction, and an awesome view of Manhattan is on the EAST side of the town

ur right, there are 2 path train options.

thx, for the correction, i meant east side piers. and i'm refering to the condos near areas like jefferson st. there is much more new construction over there,

outside maxwell place, the east side was been built out over 10 years ago.

Old 06-06-2016, 04:46 PM

19,128 posts, read 25,336,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ControlJohnsons View Post
ur right, there are 2 path train options.

thx, for the correction, i meant east side piers.

Of course I am correct.
I would caution the OP to be very cautious about taking advice from people who can't distinguish East from West, and who post advice about transit routes that don't actually exist.

Old 06-06-2016, 05:42 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post

Huh?

Thanks for that correction. You beat me to it. And now here's mine:

It's NOT called The Freedom Tower. That was an election-year Pataki idea, and the name was dumped in 2008 while the building was still under construction. It is One World Trade Center.

Old 06-07-2016, 06:26 AM

565 posts, read 722,785 times
To the OP. You should join the Facebook "Hoboken Mommies" group. It's a wealth of information, even about other cities--a lot of parents stay on that group even after moving out to the suburbs. Also, moving back to London just posted a 4 bedroom, 3 parking space, shared backyard duplex for rent for $4900/month. I know that's a bit out of your price range, but if you ditch the car and car insurance, there's your additional $400 a month. And getting a 4 bedroom in Hoboken is extremely rare.

Old 08-04-2016, 08:33 PM

17 posts, read 46,471 times
At that budget you have quite a few options.

How many bedrooms do you need? Four? (One for each child) or would three suffice with the 5 year old and 2 year old sharing and the infant having a nursery (congratulations btw).

The Paulus Hook neighborhood in JC would fit a requirement of an urban lifestyle (you should be able to find a decently sized 3BR in the neighborhood within your price range and the local public school gets good ratings despite the problems across the rest of the city's schools - Cornelia F. Bradford No. 16 Elementary School - Jersey City, New jersey - NJ - School overview - you might find that as the kids get a bit older, you'll need to move out of the district or look at private schools. Middle and High Schools (excluding McNair which is a competitive magnet school) are not so good.

This would allow for your husband to walk to work on nice days, and take the light rail or an Uber on the not so nice ones. No worries about driving, or a long commute home when he's working the long hours I'm sure will be required at JP Morgan. You'll have access to nice parks, shops, and restaurants as well as easy access to NYC.

Will you be needing a car? You'll probably need to pay to park if so.

Old 08-04-2016, 11:04 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,994,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Thanks for that correction. You beat me to it. And now here's mine:

It's NOT called The Freedom Tower. That was an election-year Pataki idea, and the name was dumped in 2008 while the building was still under construction. It is One World Trade Center.
Eh, I often unofficially still refer to it as the Freedom Tower, mostly in conversation. Many people know the name even though it's not its actual name. It's no big deal to me.

Old 08-05-2016, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Eh, I often unofficially still refer to it as the Freedom Tower, mostly in conversation. Many people know the name even though it's not its actual name. It's no big deal to me.
I know a lot of people do, and it's not that important in the grand scheme of things, but I was working on the WTC rebuilding (though not 1WTC specifically) when the change was made and 1WTC LLC was formed so I feel obligated to speak up, lol.

Old 08-05-2016, 08:49 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,994,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I know a lot of people do, and it's not that important in the grand scheme of things, but I was working on the WTC rebuilding (though not 1WTC specifically) when the change was made and 1WTC LLC was formed so I feel obligated to speak up, lol.
I mostly say it because it's shorter than "One World Trade Center." Easier and quicker to say. If anything, I'll say "One World Trade" and forget the Center.

Old 08-06-2016, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
I mostly say it because it's shorter than "One World Trade Center." Easier and quicker to say. If anything, I'll say "One World Trade" and forget the Center.
Ha, that's probably why the FT name will stick! I think the news people in the early morning showing the skyline at sunrise say "One World Trade".

Better than my old friend who used to refer to the old WTC as the "World Trade Centers". AND SHE WORKED THERE. Drove me nuts.

Same friend (she has left this realm, R.I.P.) also used to called the drugstore chain "Duane Reade's".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey