Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 07:56 AM

2 posts, read 5,621 times

Advertisements

Hi,

We are new to New Jersey. I am working in New Providence and my husband's work place is in basking Ridge, Morristown. We are looking for a 1-Bed apartment near these areas. My husband has a car, but I will be taking bus/train.

Our budget is around $1100-$1300. Also looking for Indian community.
We shopped around in Summit, Springfield areas. Looks like these areas are a bit costly.

I would like you to suggest good apartments in Parsippany, morristown and nearby areas in the budget.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2012, 09:01 AM

151 posts, read 528,167 times
Forget Morristown. Not sure about Parsippany, might be able to find something there.

Old 03-30-2012, 09:42 PM

1,450 posts, read 3,454,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAOS Mom View Post
Forget Morristown. Not sure about Parsippany, might be able to find something there.

While I agree that one can find an apartment in Parsippany within their budget, the OP indicates they will need to use mass transit to commute to their job in New Providence. Parisppany does not have a train, and there are no bus routes that go from Parsippany to New Providence, so it is not an option that would meet their needs.

I'd recommend sticking to towns along the Morris/Essex NJ transit line (specifically those on the Gladstone Branch, or ones very close to Summit where you would be able to transfer.) I did a quick search on NJ.com's realestate section and you can find 1 bd apartments for your budget in Short Hills, Madison, Summit, (four apt complexes came up on a search for <$1400 in Summit).

Just on a side note, Basking Ridge, is not in Morristown, but it is located fairly near New Providence, so what about carpooling with hubby to work? Or have hubby drop you off at the train station in Basking Ridge, and you taking the train to New Providence? That would greatly expand your housing options, if it is feasible to carpool w/hubby.

KoalaNJ

Old 06-10-2016, 07:40 AM

5 posts, read 9,171 times
Hi

I am looking for apartments within the 10 miles from Morris Plains (Where the most of indian community resides) and below the 1500$ rent. I have tried in Randolph and Parsipanny apartments, they are not allowing 1 BHK for 3 people (2+ 1 kid).

I am ready to go with the 2 BHK > 1500$ rent, Can somebody help me to find apartments asap?

And also please suggest some good neighborhoods for Morris Plains.

Thanks

Old 06-11-2016, 02:39 PM

684 posts, read 713,753 times
Parsippany is a hell hole. Rt 46 area is really bad. I never seen anything scarier

Old 06-14-2016, 04:13 AM

862 posts, read 976,122 times
there are garden type apartment's on route 46 on the east bound side in Parsippany, I think mostly Indians living there, I would try there, 1100-1300 I think you would have a hard time finding anything in morris plains or Morristown unless it's in the bad section of Morristown, route 46 in Parsippany is not bad, take a drive to the area and see for yourself.

Old 06-14-2016, 08:39 AM

585 posts, read 492,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The5thOfNovemner View Post
Parsippany is a hell hole. Rt 46 area is really bad. I never seen anything scarier

Are you actually being serious? Parsippany has been on Money's list of being one of the top 50 towns to live in. What are you comparing it to?

Old 06-14-2016, 09:32 AM

684 posts, read 713,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjinnj View Post
Are you actually being serious? Parsippany has been on Money's list of being one of the top 50 towns to live in. What are you comparing it to?
magazines are funded by advertisements. I am from the area and parsippany has been rated good by some magazine I do not read for the last decade or so. In reality neighboring towns are much better. Floram Park V parsippany ? Morristown V Parsippany ? E. Hannover v parsippany ? Dover v Parsippany ? each will offer something better then parsippany.

I have lived in this area for the last 30 years and parsippany is the biggest dump. RT 46 part of Parisppany is just scary.

Old 06-14-2016, 11:20 AM

585 posts, read 492,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The5thOfNovemner View Post
magazines are funded by advertisements. I am from the area and parsippany has been rated good by some magazine I do not read for the last decade or so. In reality neighboring towns are much better. Floram Park V parsippany ? Morristown V Parsippany ? E. Hannover v parsippany ? Dover v Parsippany ? each will offer something better then parsippany.

I have lived in this area for the last 30 years and parsippany is the biggest dump. RT 46 part of Parisppany is just scary.
You are entitled to your opinion. But are you actually now saying that somehow Parsippany paid a magazine to get on a list? You would rather send your kid to Dover school system than Parsippany?

Last edited by sjinnj; 06-14-2016 at 11:31 AM..

Old 06-15-2016, 07:30 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,092,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjinnj View Post
You are entitled to your opinion. But are you actually now saying that somehow Parsippany paid a magazine to get on a list? You would rather send your kid to Dover school system than Parsippany?
I grew up in Parsippany and what was considered the worst part of the town when I was a kid was an apartment complex that rents now for $1600 a month. LMFAO.

Then again, you never know how people think.

Dover is pretty much a joke to me too. I'd have no problem walking through any neighborhood there at any time of day or night, but I have met at least two people who would be scared in the main streets there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey