Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2016, 05:48 PM

4,045 posts, read 4,432,440 times

Advertisements

I've moved from NJ to many states,and many times I've heard 'what an attitude' or 'you're so negative'...hey that's what I'm used to where I'm from. We call it bluntly and that's the way it is,if softies can't handle it too bad...I'm tired of trying to explain myself or act like locals. If I'm an island unto myself wherever I live then so be it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2016, 07:14 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,711,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth11 View Post
I've moved from NJ to many states,and many times I've heard 'what an attitude' or 'you're so negative'...hey that's what I'm used to where I'm from. We call it bluntly and that's the way it is,if softies can't handle it too bad...I'm tired of trying to explain myself or act like locals. If I'm an island unto myself wherever I live then so be it.
it has nothing to do with nj. if you are a jerk, you are a jerk. im not like you.

Old 08-16-2016, 07:17 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,447,597 times
If its in your blood you need to be inoculated so you don't spread it around!

Old 08-16-2016, 07:25 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,711,393 times
maybe you have zika

Old 08-16-2016, 07:39 PM

Ahh sarcasm without the solidarity...must be the new pc NJ.

Old 08-16-2016, 10:19 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,996,977 times
Quote:
I do think people from the Northeast particularly more urban NE like around NJ/NY metro area can be very blunt, sarcastic, and just different than people elsewhere. Sometimes it's hard to put a finger on it. I think we tend to talk faster, tend to be more hurried and focused. Some people here don't have the time or desire to make small conversation in public with strangers. I hate when people call us rude because I think that's a very lazy and inaccurate stereotype, but I think maybe we can come across as rude to those who don't understand us and where we're from and our pace of life.

I don't see myself as negative though or having an attitude. But perhaps I can be impatient in other areas if I feel the pace is too slow, and people are taking their sweet time on line or something. I notice I tend to be more hurried than others when I'm outside NJ, while people here may beep at me in two seconds if I don't go right away at a green light, or something.

Of course this is all generalizing and doesn't describe everyone. I actually think people from NY and NJ are among the kindest and most genuine I've ever met, especially once you get to know them.

Old 08-16-2016, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
I do think people from the Northeast particularly more urban NE like around NJ/NY metro area can be very blunt, sarcastic, and just different than people elsewhere. Sometimes it's hard to put a finger on it. I think we tend to talk faster, tend to be more hurried and focused. Some people here don't have the time or desire to make small conversation in public with strangers. I hate when people call us rude because I think that's a very lazy and inaccurate stereotype, but I think maybe we can come across as rude to those who don't understand us and where we're from and our pace of life.

I don't see myself as negative though or having an attitude. But perhaps I can be impatient in other areas if I feel the pace is too slow, and people are taking their sweet time on line or something. I notice I tend to be more hurried than others when I'm outside NJ, while people here may beep at me in two seconds if I don't go right away at a green light, or something.
My point is that those things can be interpreted as 'negative' by people in other states who are not familiar with the way of life there...

Old 08-16-2016, 10:43 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,996,977 times
Quote:
My point is that those things can be interpreted as 'negative' by people in other states who are not familiar with the way of life there...
Yes, I think that's definitely true.

Old 08-17-2016, 07:41 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,393,566 times
Quote:
I lived in NJ for a lot of years, more than 60 and not everybody in NJ has a bad Tude. If people from out of state think you are negative and have a bad Tude it's not because you are from NJ it's just because you are an irritable person.

Time for you to clean up your act. Don't blame NJ.

Old 08-17-2016, 08:07 AM

4,031 posts, read 3,642,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
I notice I tend to be more hurried than others when I'm outside NJ, while people here may beep at me in two seconds if I don't go right away at a green light, or something.

This really irks me. If I'm not paying attention and the light turns green then by all means, honk the horn. But I find a lot of the time they honk the horn within a second of it turning green. Jerks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey