Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2016, 10:03 AM

351 posts, read 482,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
its not very strategic if you have to put your military every place in the world. thats just an empire.
What's wrong with that? I'd rather live in a world with the US be the largest power broker than Russia or China.

Old 10-27-2016, 10:10 AM

Quote:
they have a defensive force, not offensive. which is all any country really needs to defend itself. i believe they are the 6th top military spender, so they can defend themselves and they can buy more weapons from america.

no, its not worth anything as far as benefits to the american citizens.
Right, they are a defensive force because of our presence. The moment we withdraw, they will amend their constitution and accelerate their military spending to counter China and NK. They will also pursue nuclear weapons.

In response to Japan's militarization, South Korea will increase their military spending as well.

As a US citizen, do we want more nukes in the world? Do we want LG's factories destroyed and affordable OLED TV's a distant prospect?!?

Old 10-27-2016, 10:26 AM

1,352 posts, read 1,531,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j0nx View Post
What's wrong with that? I'd rather live in a world with the US be the largest power broker than Russia or China.
Not that it's possible, but how about a world with NO power brokers?

Old 10-27-2016, 11:00 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,990,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue biker View Post
Exactly - not possible, so not relevant.

Old 10-27-2016, 11:19 AM

789 posts, read 702,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue biker View Post
I like pink flying unicorns. Can I get one?

Old 10-27-2016, 02:20 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
what's wrong with that is that it costs tons of money, opens us up to be hated & attacked by people that otherwise wouldnt care about us and it could draw us into wars that we dont need to be a part of.

what is wrong with other countries buying our weapons and them defending themselves? we have systems that could dissuade pretty much any invader from attacking a nation. like i said before, much better to bring in revenue selling weapons than being involved in every single conflict in the world all at the expect of the american taxpayer and soldier.

do you think that Isis would give a crap about america if america didnt bomb them? its almost comical to see people angry with Isis for threatening to attack america and executing american hostages. well, america is actively murdering isis members. how is it not completely justified for them to threaten americans??? but americans seem to think that they can go around killing everyone and expect everyone to pretend that america is the good guys.

you guys seem to think that our giant military exists for world peace, thats not the case. the reason it is so big is because the US government spends $600+ trillion annually on the military and a lot of people depend on that funding. that is the beginning and end of it.

Last edited by CaptainNJ; 10-27-2016 at 02:30 PM..

Old 10-27-2016, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Right, they are a defensive force because of our presence. The moment we withdraw, they will amend their constitution and accelerate their military spending to counter China and NK. They will also pursue nuclear weapons.

In response to Japan's militarization, South Korea will increase their military spending as well.

As a US citizen, do we want more nukes in the world? Do we want LG's factories destroyed and affordable OLED TV's a distant prospect?!?
as a US citizen, i want japan & south korea to be able to take care of themselves (and maybe buy defensive technology from america).

they dont need to develop nukes, they could lease ours. this is so weird to see people basically arguing that the american taxpayer has to shoulder the military requirements of the entire world.

Old 10-27-2016, 02:35 PM

also, the US isnt the good guy, the US is the bad guy. the US imposed sanctions on russia for annexing crimea, formerly a part of the ukraine. russia was right. also, the US government is arming "rebel groups" in syria, while russia is helping the assad regime. the assad regime is the right side to assist, by assisting "rebel" groups the US is prolonging a conflict in which 400,000 people have died. so it is funny to see people believing that the US is the "good guy" and russia is the bad guy.

http://static.politifact.com.s3.amaz...ar_FB_meme.jpg

Old 10-27-2016, 02:55 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
Quote:
Remember the Roman Empire?

Old 10-27-2016, 03:03 PM

Quote:
what's wrong with that is that it costs tons of money, opens us up to be hated & attacked by people that otherwise wouldnt care about us and it could draw us into wars that we dont need to be a part of.

If you were correct, Japan would have never attacked us in WW2.

I'm not arguing with you in that those countries should spend more $$$ on defending themselves. I'm just saying we have other motives for being there that are in our interests.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey